Try to remember the best of September

October 1, 2011

The figures are in for this blog’s most popular posts in September, and readers showed a wide variety of interests. They flocked to our pieces on rugby, especially the nude variety, and were eager to learn about flying machines and submarines you can build at home.

Throw in some arts, politics and entertainment, and you’ve got a well-rounded month for folks who no longer need constant supervision.

Thanks for coming back, readers.

Here you go, your top 10 for the month. Now go out in the yard and build those planes and submarines!

10.  Welcome to the Barney Fife Pistol Range

9. She’s the Darjeeling of the Tea Party?

8. How many floozies live at this address?

7. It’s just like in the disaster movies!

6. The club doesn’t have a dress code, huh?

5. So it’s the nudes vs. the dorks?

4. Nobody booed, and the players were nude?

3.  Our ten-second in-flight movie will be…

2. Cocktails with Miss Universe, sir?

1. Great science projects for your family

Top: Miss Universe 2011 contestants enjoy a samba dance class at the Vila Maria samba school in Sao Paulo September 4, 2011. REUTERS/Patrick Prather/Miss Universe Organization, L.P. LLLP./Handout

Left: Former Governor of Alaska Sarah Palin speaks to supporters at a rally organized by the Tea Party of America in Indianola, Iowa September 3, 2011. REUTERS/Jim Young

Right: Policemen take aim during shooting practice with unloaded guns at a public park in Hanoi September 7, 2011. REUTERS/Kham

BG: You know, I’ve been up for a couple of hours without any coffee. Having looked at the technicolor green uniforms, I can tell you I am now wide awake. He isn’t squinting to aim, he’s squinting to reduce the glare of the uniforms! Think I will make some coffee, wash my eyes out with some and then drink a cup. Loce ya, BG!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Hey! Or rather Hay! It’s the Fall Jubilee here, complete with the Chainsaw Chicks. Guys claim they are taking their kids to watch. Right. Cute women with chain saws sculpting wood. Of course, that is also a good plot for a horror movie.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

I wish they had pillows in hands. ;-)

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Are you saying you are going to allow your readers to go unsupervised now? Like the parents who leave their kids home alone for the very first time? Oh boy, October is gonna be an interesting month methinks. :p

Oh and one tiny request. Any chance there can be a follow-up on the whereabouts of Medo? And for that matter, all the pandas? I know the pandas are napping as per Nosmo’s link but things have still seemed a little quiet lately. It’s troubling.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Well given that Shra’s busier than usual and away from the blog, I’m guessing supervision is bound to decrease. It’s not like BG will be tasing people himself. Heck, he gets tased himself at times! ;)

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

I’m sad that the noodle museum post didn’t get more hits. It was possibly my second favo(u)rite, after the naked rugby players.
http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 11/09/20/ramen-museum-my-cup-runneth-ove r/

Posted by 69Spinster | Report as abusive

@Malt, hey…psst… hey yeah, come here a sec. Say, ya wanna learn something? Wanna know who the 16th president was? Wanna know what positraction is? Wanna know the average airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? Come on Shra ain’t here, you can do a little learnin’ can’t ya? No one will tell I promise! ;)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Oh, I know that stuff already. In the meantime, do you want to learn how to write “you” and “want to” properly? I won’t tell either, I promise!

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

Sure I would be more than happy to lear…..heeey wait a minute, are you wearing a wire?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Oh, no, that’s just a home-made leash so my fiancee knows where I am all the time. We call it the Trustinator.

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive