Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Get a grip, models!

October 8, 2011

Lamar, we’ve got another expensive fashion show to put on today, and our label is in the toilet. Have you found any more ways to save money? We just can’t afford a first class runway production.

Relax, Boss, I’m saving us a fortune.

Bless you, Lamar! How did you do it this time?

By not renting backstage dressing rooms for the models. You can’t imagine how much that saves!

Are they okay with that?

Well, they were a little concerned about their personal belongings, what with no lockers for storing their suitcases.

And?

I told them to just carry their own luggage on the runway and make it look as natural as possible.

Lamar! How natural can it look if a model is carrying her fricking suitcase in an international fashion show?

Boss, Boss, Boss. These gals are pros! You’ll never even notice it!

Models present creations by Spanish designer Eulalia Mateos during the Pasarela Castilla y Leon Spring/Summer 2012 fashion show in Burgos, northern Spain October 5, 2011. REUTERS/Felix Ordonez

Comments

Tell me something, BG….What’s a Eulalia? The Spanish equivalent of a vuvuzela? That must be one LOUD – and annoying – fashion show.

Posted by Moonshine | Report as abusive

you’d be surprised at what some of those gals are hauling around http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 11/07/06/hey-theres-thuggage-in-your-lug gage/

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

The Groucho Marx duck walk made it to the runway!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Orange socks and black heels: another Halloween Fashion Show!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

good one, OneDoor!

“Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men, the other 999 follow women.” –Groucho Marx

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

Someone ought to tap my Lamar’s financial genius and let him fix the country’s economy. Baz/Lamar 2012 — that’s the ticket!

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

Here I thought that Mr B was telling the models to ‘catch the grippe!’

Posted by uncarastus | Report as abusive

@Moonshine, I think Eulalia might be a descendant of Samsonite.

I prefer runways aircraft land on. Can we get a 747 in there? That would liven up the show.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Skeleton skeleton where art thou…

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

I’m amazed they can actually lift those things off the ground…well at least for a couple of inches…

I’m hoping the dresses can handle the stress and stretching, as otherwise I can see a ‘suitcase (no wardrobes here) malfunction’.

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

Lift with your back, not your legs. Lift awkwardly, with a twisting motion, maybe reach out a bit.

Honestly, could somebody toss them a sandwich?

Posted by hoopsnake | Report as abusive

Old-fashioned suitcases and modern dresses. It’s a fashion anachronism.

Posted by 69Spinster | Report as abusive

When Blog Guy asked Lamar how to save money at this fashion show, Lamar said, “Boss, I’ll write up my proposal in a haiku.” This is what he wrote:

How to save money
Models carry their own bags
Even on runways

Posted by 69Spinster | Report as abusive

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Igor, help me with the bags.
Igor: [Imitating Groucho Marx] Soitenly. You take the blonde, I’ll take the one in the turban.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: I was talking about the luggage.

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive