Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Bag? What bag, Baby?

October 28, 2011

Hi Michelle, Sweetie, it’s me! I’m calling on my new iPhone, from Los Angeles. Where are you?

Oh, hey, Barack, you caught me just finishing a speech at a grocery here in Chicago.

I’m in the produce section, surrounded by apples and oranges and pears. You remember, we’re making that big push to see that city residents have access to fresh, nutritious foods.

Oh, right! Good luck with that, Michelle.

Barack, are you chewing on something? Are those fried chicken wings?

Fried chicken wings? OF COURSE NOT, Michelle! How could you even THINK I would do that, especially while you’re busy promoting healthy eating!

Barack, is that a bag from Roscoe’s House of Chicken and Waffles?

Bag? There’s no bag, Baby! What bag?

The one you just wadded up and stuffed down your shirt, Barack! You haven’t learned how to turn off FaceTime on your iPhone yet, have you?

I CAN’T HEAR YOU, MICHELLE! The cell reception is HORRIBLE here in LA! I’ll call you back after lunch! I mean….

Top: First lady Michelle Obama gestures during a speech at a Walgreens store Chicago’s Englewood neighborhood October 25, 2011. REUTERS/Frank Polich

Right: Michelle Obama listens to Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel. REUTERS/Frank Polich

Bottom right: President Barack Obama and U.S. Rep. Karen Bass (D-CA) walk out of Roscoe’s House of Chicken and Waffles with a take-out order of chicken wings in Los Angelesm October 24, 2011. REUTERS/Jason Reed

Comments

Gosh, and all this time I thought Walgreens was a drug store…. They sure do sell the pseudoephedrine, benzene, camera batteries, etc., in funny packages in Chi-Town. (And Michelle looks absolutely ENTHRALLED with Rahm’s speech, doesn’t she?)

Posted by Moonshine | Report as abusive

She does.. wonder what her bored face would look like..

Maybe someone should have told Michelle that doing mime at a press conference really doesn’t work.

Question: is POTUS the only person in L.A. who wears a tie?

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Notice POTUS has his shirt sleeves rolled up? What’s up with that look?

Posted by FriscoJohn | Report as abusive

So POTUS has switched from BlackBerry to iPhone. A clear sign RIM is in deep trouble.

On another note, can any one of the lovely ladies that enrich this blog explain what is going on with the FLOTUS’ sweater? Did it rip and she’s holding it together with a hair squiggly? Just asking, since under my stone I don’t get much news on fashion…

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

@justM: Perhaps the bow takes the place of salmon bsrs? Or, it could be really stretchy fabric and she missed the neck hole on an open back shirt. Or I could be just as confused as you. Ok, I am probably more confused, and I dress funny, too.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

@Frisco, it’s the casual Friday look! The tie says he is still a professional but the rolled up sleeves says he cool and relaxed.

“There‚Äôs no bag, Baby!” OK show of hands, who did the “That’s not my bag, baby!” in an Austin Powers voice in their head? Or out loud if they are a special snowflake? Put ‘em up people, I’ll start!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Can’t help you JustM. I ripped through two layers of clothing today and was just grateful they’d saved some of my skin from the worst of it.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

I can only say I like the shoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!