Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Best of the month: my own Oktoberfest?

October 30, 2011

It’s time once again for my monthly blog traffic stats, and I see that October was kind of a bittersweet time.

Two of my 10 most popular items were farewells, one to Sarah Palin who isn’t running, and one to Muammar Gaddafi, who isn’t doing anything.

Oh a happier note, though, we welcomed a new friend to the blog. Judging from the clicks on two items, Siri – the sassy personal assistant on the new iPhone 4S – will be a frequent guest here in the future.

I was also pleased to find the “cute-off” I had with my friend, author Bart King, on the list, as well as the item on the proposal to let prison inmates work as firemen.

Finally, your favorite item of the month was very, very fitting for Halloween. Please click on it again, recommend it to friends, and help make the world a creepier place to be.

Here they are, October’s top 10….

10. Who’s the cutest one of all?

9. Taking Siri out for a spin?

8. Come back Sarah, it’s not too late!

7. Great mooseum! I’ll be back!

6. Maybe the worst idea EVER?

5. Where’s the stylus for my new iPhone?

4. Oh, so this is a SERIOUS bike lane!

3. New phone? No Siri, Bob!

2. Farewell to the Gaddafi Goof-O-Rama

And the most popular item of the month was…

1. Creepy gets a whole lot creepier

Top: Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin gestures as she speaks during the LIA (Long Island Association) Annual Meeting & Luncheon at the Crest Hollow Country Club in Woodbury, New York February 17, 2011.
REUTERS/Shannon Stapleton

Left: A giant panda hugs a cub at Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding in Chengdu, Sichuan province October 25, 2011. REUTERS/China Daily

Right: Luke Peters demonstrates Siri, an application which uses voice recognition and detection on the iPhone 4S, outside the Apple store in Covent Garden, London  October 14, 2011. REUTERS/Suzanne Plunkett

Comments

Very cute Panda. :-)

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

how can you call it Oktoberfest with no boobs??? Oh, I see Ahnold and Gaddafi are both included. And Mrs. Alaska. Nevermind.

:) Looking for boobs? Join the OE Blog Network! :)

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

@Georgia: Perhaps the OE Boob Network some day?

@BG: Definitely upped the cute quota with the panda bear hug photo. Made me smile.

Also a question you might appreciate: does leftover apple crisp constitute apple walnut oatmeal for breakfast? It sure seems like it to me!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

@Onedoor: That sounds reasonable, although I can’t say for certain. I never have leftovers from mine…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Que Siri Sarah.
Whatever will be will be
The bloggers are yet to see
Que Siri Sarah.

Posted by FriscoJohn | Report as abusive

Resounding applause for FriscoJohn’s comment. Thank you, sir! That made me LOL out loud.

Posted by Bandage | Report as abusive

As a man on Radio 4 pointed out this evening; Gaddafi is in fact doing sterling work as a future surprise package in a “Time Team Desert Special”.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Good one, Frisco!
I hope everyone on the East Coast is warm and dry!

@CrowGirl, “The Mummy” (movie) scriptwriters are already looking into the possibility of having Muammar the major antagonist in “The Muamm-y Returns (Again)”. They believe his presence surrounded by his undead zombie bodyguards would be a hit with movie-goers.

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

Say, has anyone seen Mahmoud ArmouredDinnerJacket lately?
What with the demise of Osram Bin Liner and Mummified Gadfly, coupled with Hugo ‘Boss’ Shavers being on his last legs (supposedly), it’s been a tough year for crazy inhuman dictators.
Even Donaldo Trump-it can’t catch a break.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

So, is it just me, or did I actually rate a mention?! Yippee for me if I did! And thanks for the panda pic BG – very nice and cheery!
I managed to ruin my bf’s plans to propose on the weekend, so I needed the panda pic!

Posted by Funkyk | Report as abusive