The Runway’s Got Talent!

November 1, 2011

It’s the same old story, Lamar. We’ve got a major fashion show today, but we can’t afford to pay professional models. You always manage to come through with models on the cheap. Any luck?

Don’t worry, Boss, I got us a good group today, and they’re free.

FREE? Huzzah! But how did you work that?

Oh. Well, they’re under the impression we’re having a reality TV talent show, so they each get to do a little “act” on the runway.

What? What the hell kind of “acts” do they do while modeling our designs, Lamar?

Uh, Tiffany will break out in a little tap dance. It’s very impressive to see in her stiletto heels, Boss.

Sigh. What else?

There’s Hulga. She does kind of a bawdy vaudeville song and dance number. She can really belt it out.

And?

There’s Professor Pinhead. He comes out in flowered underpants and makes his head look really small. It’s quite a sight.

Lamar! You’ve filled my fashion show with vulgar carnival curiosities and shrunken-head mutants?

Just wait’ll you see the professor’s head disappear completely, Boss. You won’t be complaining then… OKAY! EVERYBODY BACK ONSTAGE FOR THE BIG FINISH!

Top: A model nearly falls as she presents a creation by Chinese designer Qi Gang during a fashion show at China Fashion Week for Spring/Summer 2012 in Beijing October 27, 2011. REUTERS/Jason Lee

Right and left: Models present creations at the YanaStasia show during Volvo fashion week in Moscow October 27, 2011. REUTERS/Sergei Karpukhin

you put your left foot out
you put your left foot in
and you shake it all about
you do the hokey pokey
and you turn yourself around
that’s what it’s all about

hey…that last photo. Is that…JustCam?!?

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

You know BG, you ALMOST got me fired, with that last pic..

Shra, dear, I thought is was abs and shoes, not pects that got your mojo working! I have to confess I am out of any potential competition on both fronts, after having been able to crawl out of Robert’s basement… that and the very many sprinkled donuts.

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

@GeorgiaPeach … I’m flattered but, they used my body and pasted in a small head. I’m a body double on the side, you know. BTW, that’s my sister walking off in the background.

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

VOLVO (!) has a Fashion Week? Where all de cars at? Mr. No Neck Pinhead needs to pull up his skivvies – at least far enough to cover his appendectomy scar..but that would uncover…Oh, nevermind….

Posted by Moonshine | Report as abusive

Please Moonshine, that’s PROFESSOR Pinhead to you. Show a little professional courtesy…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Dear Mr. Ronald Basler, thank you for your application to appear on our new show, Got X-Talent Idol Factor.
As you are aware this a brand new concept in entertainment, with B and C-grade celebrities auditioning each week to re-ignite their dead careers, each in turn will be mocked and derided by a panel of judges selected from our viewing audience each week.
We thank you for your photo of you showing that you have upside-down man-boobs, which while most amusing, does not qualify you to be part of of family of mockery.
Should you, at some point, gain any form of notoriety in the future, please feel free to apply as a contestant, as we would be more than happy to mock you at that stage.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

@Moon – I’m not sure those are skivvies. I think he’s wearing a tennis skirt. Is there a new fashion trend for the micro-mini kilt? In a Hawaiian print? I hope not, because I’m not sure Goofiest World Leader Dude has the legs (or the cheeks) for it.

speaking of cheeks – where is the picture of the Professor walking back down the runway?

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

Mea culpa, Prof. P. Far be it from me to disrespect a member of the OE Blog International Fashion Tour.

Posted by Moonshine | Report as abusive

So two average looking women in bad dresses and Fabio?… I think someone needs a little guidance with the pictures here.

Posted by Bandage | Report as abusive

Now, now Bandage, BG does the best he can with what Lamar has to give him :P but don’t let Ladylala hear you talking that way, no criticism of Lamar will be tolerated from that quarter

Posted by jclimacus081 | Report as abusive

Model Lady 2 looks like she actually has some flesh on her bones; huzzah!

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

It looks like the first model is about to perform acupuncture on the runway.

As for Prof. Pinhead, he’s much better off than the guy behind him. That poor man appears to have a balloon for his head!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Hulga’s now smiling? See what a good meal did for her!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Well, M, I am still a Fab Abs admirer.. I simply meant, that a near naked guy in hawaiin speedos, judt DOES not look like lunch-time reading.

BTW, Shra – did Mr. Fab Abs blind you so much that you failed to notice (and comment upon) the presence of TWO pairs of shoes!? My God, I need the gym more than I think.

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

I certainly noticed the shoes, Malt.. Had you been on FB, you would have known ;)

Ahh… I can’t be on Facebook at work, that’s the problem. ;)

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive