Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Perhaps you recognize my large chest?

November 3, 2011

So, pal, what do you do for a living?

What do I DO? I am FABIO!

Sorry, I don’t understand. What is that?

I am an actor and a model!

Oh! Have I seen you in anything?

Probably. I played the Handsome Man in “Scenes from a Mall,” the Blind Date in “Boogies Diner,” and I have done numerous cameos.

Long cameos?

No. The short kind.

Hmmmm. You do look familiar.

I am also a spokesman.

Spokesman, huh? For what?

I can’t believe it’s not butter.

What, this stuff on our plate isn’t butter?

No. I am a spokesman for I can’t believe it’s not butter!

Ah, I don’t watch much TV.

Do you read? I write books and my bare chest is on the covers! Perhaps you have read “Rogue,” “Comanche,” “Viking…”

Yeah, whatever. So what’s the deal with your hair, anyway?

Top: Actor Joe Pantoliano (L) speaks with actor and model Fabio Lanzoni at the National Italian American Foundation Gala in Washington October 29, 2011. REUTERS/Joshua Roberts

Left: Book cover

Right: Screen grab

Comments

Fabio? Fabu!

Posted by 69Spinster | Report as abusive

Yeah, he does look quite daunting in that first pic.
But then, I get a feeling anyone would look daunting whilst listening to Joe Pantoliano (whosoever he may be)

Fabio and Pantoliano are Italiano? Magnifico!

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

That’s FABIO in the top photo? Gee, I’m afraid I didn’t recognize him with his chest un-bared…and with all of those wrinkles. I guess it’s a good thing he did keep the pecs under wraps.

Posted by Moonshine | Report as abusive

I can’t believe it’s not Arnold Schwarzenegger!

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

I suggest that Fabio does the same thing as I have done. Grow a beard! Fabio can always dye his beard just like he does to his hair!

Me, I happen to like having a grey beard. Dude! Who does your hair implants, anyway? Oh! You DO have a receding hair line! You can just claim that your hair is turning transparent! Not as if I would do that…I wear a hat!

Posted by uncarastus | Report as abusive

Fabio looks as if he is chiseled out of butter. On a warm day!

Posted by uncarastus | Report as abusive

I can’t believe it’s
the original fab abs!
Where does the time go?

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Shra, think Cypher in The Matrix.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

You know, BG, I look at the fonts in this Blog and I can only think of one question: Who shot the Serif?

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

@Doc: We have shots of Fabio and his chest, and all you can do is look at fonts? Maybe you need an Arial view?

Posted by 69Spinster | Report as abusive

Spin, men’s chests do not interest me, besides my own, that is. I look at it at times….

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

:) That book cover looks like he’s just accidentally ripped his shirt with his poncy fencing sword.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Joey Pants! I recognize him. That other person…not so much. Those romance novel covers always make me think of this one http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_sJq42pXCZlI/TJ lv5MaAxPI/AAAAAAAACgw/SMtMnoV81ok/s1600/ Misery3A.jpg If the link works, the dark haired hero may be recognizable.

BG, have I told you I’m your number 1 fan? Bwahahahahaha!!!

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

I read the title and expected a woman.
Maybe it was just me…

Posted by SkimpyDog | Report as abusive

When I was in Florence a guy calling himself Fabio tried to pick me up – I mentioned it to a friend years later and apparently the same guy tried the same thing with her! He claimed to be related to “THE” Fabio – like we’re that stupid! Us Aussie girls don’t fall for lines like that so easily…

Posted by Funkyk | Report as abusive