Voters are kept in the dark?

November 14, 2011

Johnson, get in my office! You call yourself a news photographer?

What is it this time, Boss?

It’s your pictures from that Republican debate! They’re too dark. I can’t even tell who these people are!

Oh. That one on top is Rick Perry, I think, or maybe Michele Bachmann. It’s not my fault, Boss. This was the debate they held entirely in the dark.

A whole debate in the dark?

Yeah, you know, some of the candidates wanted to debate on the radio, and some wanted television, so they compromised on televising it but with no lights.

Wait. That’s too stupid even for this dumb blog. You’re saying the viewers could only hear, they couldn’t see anything?

Nope, they couldn’t hear, either, Boss. There was no sound at all. Rick Perry insisted on that.

Top: Republican presidential candidate Texas Governor Rick Perry talks to moderators at the end of the CNBC Republican presidential debate in Rochester, Michigan, November 9, 2011.

Right: Republican presidential candidate, businessman Herman Cain, listens to moderators at the end of the CNBC Republican presidential debate in Rochester, Michigan, November 9, 2011.

Left: Perry on stage before the CNBC Republican presidential debate in Rochester, Michigan, November 9, 2011.

REUTERS photos by Mark Blinch

If I don’t have to look at them or hear them, I may consider voting for them. However, as I have stated before, my mind is made up for 2012
BAZ/LAMAR 2012…you’ve seen the rest, now vote for the BEST!!!

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

Lights out for Rick?
Lights out for the Herminator?
Seems about right.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

….LOVE the concept! As a matter of fact me and Mr. Moonshine watched the NASCAR race on the radio yesterday…GREAT fun.

Posted by Moonshine | Report as abusive

A few years ago, I had cataracts in both eyes. I had the right one fixed, so I was no longer completely in the dark. Today, I am going to ‘see’ the eye surgeon to have the other fixed.

No more voting in the dark.! The half dark! Whatever. Could I ask for a bit of prayer for my surgery today? Thanks, my friends, in advance!

Posted by uncarastus | Report as abusive

Unfortunately, quite a few politicians sound best when they aren’t saying anything at all.

I’m thinking a photo op in the dark would make a great Christmas card to send my family!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

What evil lurks in the hearts of men? Only the Shadow knows. But which one?

Posted by FriscoJohn | Report as abusive

You have our prayers, Unca!
OE Bloggers are standing right outsde your operation theater, being invisible and waving invisible good luck banners!
As for the “in-the-dark” session.. I think a zapper might be involved…

Good memories, Frisco. Many years ago, in Upstate New York, I interviewed Walter Gibson, who wrote the Shadow pulp fiction stories. Really great guy…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_B._G ibson

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Good luck, unca. We look forward to your speedy recovery.

Nice one, Frisco. Don’t all politicians work in the dark? ;-)

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Right there with you, Unca–best wishes!

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

Good Luck, Unca. Hope everything turns out fine, and you will be back reading the blog soon (or is that what caused the eye problems to begin with?) Just try to avoid any blogs about Paris.

Posted by inebgreen | Report as abusive

No sound, no vision. Rumor has it the candidates honestly answered what they’d actually do if elected.

Good luck Unca

Posted by jclimacus081 | Report as abusive

Thinking of you, @Unca. Remember, if you come back to look at this blog post, the candidates in these photos are supposed to be in the dark. It’s not your eyes. It’s Johnson-the-photographer’s fault.

Posted by 69Spinster | Report as abusive

Lamont Cranston sends his best wishes for full recovery to @Uncarastus. However, you won’t be able to see him because he has the power to cloud men’s minds.

Posted by FriscoJohn | Report as abusive

Good luck Unca, don’t forget to ask if you can keep the eye jelly!

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

sending you good vibes & best wishes for a full & speedy recovery, Unca!

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

To the Wonderful Peaches of Georgia (not to be confused with ‘The Bridges of Madison County,’) I have to say thank you so much for your kindly comments!

As well as thanking every person out there in Mr Blogs Bloggyland for all of y’alls great well wishing! It worked!

20/15 in one eye, and the other one quickly falling into step? WOW!!! Though my eyes marching is kind of strange…

Posted by uncarastus | Report as abusive

@unca: I think the correct response is…

See? We knew things would clear up for you.

Mazel tov on being able to sing “I Can See Clearly Now” without any irony.

Posted by 69Spinster | Report as abusive