Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

You got STUFF twirling in your head?

November 15, 2011

Okay, I’m sorry, I can’t even begin to improve on this video clip.

In an interview with the Milwaukee Journal Sentinal, Republican presidential hopeful Herman Cain is asked whether he agreed with President Obama on Libya.

“Okay, Libya…” Cain says, like a sixth-grader pausing before spelling Mississippi. He adjusts a bottle of water for no apparent reason.

After making sure we’re all talking about the same Libya, Cain says, “I do not agree with the way he handled it for the following reason.” Then, amazingly, he stops himself, waves his hand and says, “No, that’s a different one.”

Libya, Herman. It’s been in the news, I’m pretty sure.

After that, it gets worse. “I got all this stuff twirling around in my head,” Cain says.

Really? Because for a U.S. President, twirling head stuff could be a problem.

Yes, this is the same Herman Cain who said, “When people get on the Cain train, they don’t get off.”

And it’s the same Herman Cain who said he was going to “dial back” his campaign and media appearances in order to avoid missteps. Maybe he should have set the dial to zero.

Is this the same Republican candidate who declared at a recent debate that he planned to eliminate three government agencies but then could only remember two of them?

In the words of Herman Cain, “No, that’s a different one.”

Top: Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain pauses as he addresses a Northern Virginia Technology Council breakfast meeting in McLean, Virginia, November 2, 2011. REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst

Right: Screen grabs from Milwaukee Journal Sentinal video

Comments

I’ve heard all of the excuses: “dial back” campaign….sleep deprivation as an excuse….confusion brought on by the stress of campaign…. And he thinks it’s going to get any EASIER if he’s elected?

Posted by Moonshine | Report as abusive

BG, you’re an inspiration–

Round, like a pizza with pepperoni
Like a wheel within a wheel.
Always blogging or spin-doctoring,
On a never ending spiel
Like a snowball down a mountain
Or a political buffoon
Like Reagan in his grave a-turning
Running rings around the moon

Like a man charged with harassment
Trying to run from disgrace
And the world belongs to Apple
Whirling in cyber space
Like the circles that you find
In the windmills of Cain’s mind.

Was it Libya or North Korea?
For a policy of renown
How shall he answer?
Use an adverb, conjunction or a pronoun.
He know he had it somewhere
Do not the silent scream
Shall he do like Rick Perry
Cry “Oops” if only it would seem.

Like a deer caught in the headlights
The minutes seem like hours
And the world is keeps on turning
As his stomach spews gastric sours
Like the circles that you find
In the windmills of Cain’s mind

Oh where did he put his cue cards
And statistics to pile on thick
Why did he decide to run?
What will do the trick?
Should he get an aspirin
For this grand mal a la tete?
Should he let them re-ask the question?
Or assume they will forget?

The teleprompter isn’t helping
What’s this buzzing in his ear?
Half remembered names and faces
But are they truly sincere?
Oh when will this debate be over
Why did his brain freeze?
Dang! He knew the answer
But it will never please.

At a snail’s pace it is coming
He’s deep and digging down
He tries to salvage something,
And not end up like a clown
Yet, the neurons do unwind
Like the circle that you find
In the windmills of Cain’s mind

He needs a direct link to IBM’s Watson
Grasping at his straws
Half remembered facts and figures
Now to correct his pause
Soon the press conference will be over
And he’ll then be aware
That the curtain on stage is falling
And they are off the air.

Like a circle in a spiral
Like a wheel within a wheel
Never ending or beginning,
On an ever spinning wheel
As the images unwind
Like the circles that you find
In the windmills of Cain’s mind.

Apologies to Noel Harrison,Dusty Springfield, Sting, and any other artist who did the original.

Posted by FriscoJohn | Report as abusive

And here I thought that this was all about me and my trip to the hospital yesterday, with the doctor poised above me, with his Porter Cable drill/screwdriver awhirling, dipping into my left, now decataracted eye…

Thank you all of youir prayers, chanting, and the wafting of ghostly well wishing banners for the surgery! Thank you all!

Now, I can see what George the Crab (my adopted son) is doing with both eyes! GEORGE! You may NOT help me to put in my eye drops! I KNOW that sulfuric acid is not one of those eye drops!

I go back to see my eye doctor in a few hours, and already I can wear my ZZ Topp insipred cheap sun glasses! And CG? I will ask the doctor if I may have my eye jelly and the shrapnel, for further enjoyment.

Posted by uncarastus | Report as abusive

So Perry has oops-ed himself out of the front-runner ranks, and now folks are getting off the Cain train because of his embarrassing brain drain. That’s not surprising. Meanwhile, Newt the Grinch Gingrich is rising in the polls. That’s not funny.

Posted by slick9 | Report as abusive

Gosh Slick, you don’t seem happy with ANY of them. I guess you must be a Bachmann fan?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Of course! Bachmann is the Anti-Candidate, against everything and for nothing. Her big idea is not to have any ideas, a clever position in a world drunk on information overload.

Posted by slick9 | Report as abusive

Perry has oopsies,
the Cain Train has been derailed:
the least shall be first.

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Please tell me there are at least a couple of reasonable human beings standing?

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Maybe Cain meant that he has a bunch of high schoolers with batons in his head.

Posted by 69Spinster | Report as abusive

Instead of dialing back to zero, I fear that Cain is going to turn around and say, “This one goes to eleven.”

Posted by 69Spinster | Report as abusive

Maybe his head is really a snow globe.

@Frisco: love the lyrics.

@unca: delighted the surgery went well!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

it’s nice to see Texas following in Georgia’s footsteps. We like to get our crazies to DC so everybody can enjoy them. Just part of our southern hospitality.

remember Hank Johnson, who was afraid too many people on Guam would cause the island to capsize? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1WSs9B4H 5s

and the one he replaced…Cynthia McKinney? She takes crazy to a whole new level! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE6ufDzUT a4

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

U know, seeing all these candidates, I think Obama should stay..