Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

A chance to arm-wrestle WHO?

December 1, 2011

Blog Guy, have you planned any special holiday events for your Goofy Face Museum and Doughnut Shop in Washington, DC?

You bet we have. We have new photo exhibits called “Goofy CEOs” and “Our Goofy Folks in Uniform.”

Plus, This week is our “Arm-Wrestle the First Lady” event, as you can see in the top photo.

Really? It surprises me that Michelle would participate in something like that at your museum, what with her commitment to eating healthy.

Oh. Well, she may have gotten the idea that it’s for charity, and we may have used our stationery that doesn’t mention doughnuts.

Blog Guy, in the picture it looks like your museum doesn’t seem to have walls or a roof. What happened?

Don’t get me started. First we built it out of straw, and it blew down. Then we rebuilt it with sticks, and it came down again, so I gave up.

Wait a minute, Blog Guy. You seem to be following the story of “The Three Little Pigs.” Why haven’t you rebuilt it once more with bricks, so it will last?

BRICKS? Oh, thanks a whole lot for the spoiler, slick. You can just forget about EVER arm-wrestling Michelle Obama!

Top: First lady Michelle Obama speaks with intern Cheryse Sana after touring the Ma’o Organic Farms in Waianae, Hawaii November 12, 2011. REUTERS/Jim Young

Right: Former Olympus Chief Executive Michael Woodford gestures as he describes an accounting scandal at the company during the Economist magazine’s event in Tokyo, November 24, 2011. REUTERS/Kim Kyung-Hoon

Left: A bandsman sticks out his tongue during the 12th of July parades along Donegal Street in Belfast July 12, 2011. REUTERS/Cathal McNaughton

Comments

Who’s afraid of the big bad FLOTUS?

Baz/Lamar 2012

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

He is a young ‘un.. what with the braces and the stretched ear and all.. Is he the youngest goofy face, you could find, BG?

Funny how CEOs, no matter what company, always have exactly that expression on their face when asked “Where did all the money go?”.

Putting the ‘rat’ back in ratify – Baz/Lamar 2012

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

“speaks with intern Cheryse Sana….” That must be FLOTUS-speak for “Cheryse, see this muscle? I’m puttin’ your flabby arm DOWN!”

…and Cheryse’s T-shirt! How the heck did she ever get by security at the GFMDS? Either Lamar’s slipping or they’ve started serving ORGANIC DONUTS at the museum…or maybe the sprinkles qualify as “organic?”

Posted by Moonshine | Report as abusive

Stationery? The Goofy Face Museum and Doughnut Shop has multiple kinds of stationery?

Posted by 69Spinster | Report as abusive

I’m quite sure that Mrs. Obama would participate in the Goofy Face Museum and Doughnut Shop event, saying to young visitors, “If you eat healthful foods, you’ll grow up to be big and strong and can win your own arm-wrestling matches.” She would simply avoid mention of the doughnuts.

Posted by 69Spinster | Report as abusive

OK, for all you wannabe James and Juliet Bonds, here is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to go work for a UK intelligence agency. Simply crack the code and send them your answer – they will be in touch.
Seriously, this is a REAL recruiting tool being used by a UK spying agency.
Good luck Mr/Ms Phelps – this message will convert to doughnut sprinkles in thirty seconds.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Thanks for the generous setup, Spin. Yes, we have two kinds of stationery. The kind we can move around, and the heavy stuff, which is, well, stationary…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

FLOTUS has guns!

@Moonshine: Organic sprinkles would be bean sprouts.

Posted by FriscoJohn | Report as abusive

Of course, it’s stationary, Blog Guy. That’s the stationery with the doughnuts, which weigh it down.

Posted by 69Spinster | Report as abusive

…er, I was thinking more of “organic chemistry” for the sprinkles, Frisco. You know, like “mood sprinkles” on our medi-donuts….

Posted by Moonshine | Report as abusive

I see not one, but TWO, white hats! Quick, hide the children!

Posted by jclimacus081 | Report as abusive

@jclimacus: One of the white hatters is barely older than a child himself. Come to think of it, he looks a little like Justin Bieber.

Posted by 69Spinster | Report as abusive

@Spin: You are right, O the humanity! Do these white hatted demons know no shame? Now they have turned to CLONING Justin Bieber, as if one wasn’t bad enough. That ticket to Yemen is starting to look more appealing

Posted by jclimacus081 | Report as abusive

Whew, I thought the second photo was a formal ‘Mime in a Box.”

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

The Christmas season is coming near,
Are those flash grenades that I hear?
And who is sleeping outside my door?
The happy days, are no more.

Pass me a large doughnut…

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

BG – with that headline are you implying that FLOTUS is ready to take on the World Health Organization??? Wow! She IS tough. No wonder POTUS is always fearfully watching for her when he eats his junk food.

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

I’m not one of those middle class folks who like organic food, so I hope Michelle kicks her a.. :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

@Jclimacus81, I see you’ve already been thoroughly briefed, happy about that. Now you can also start preparing for doomsday. Have you already got your hands/head on one of Robert’s patented Aluminium Head Gear accessories? They are guaranteed to protect your thoughts and mind from the white hat guys…

Please, I’ll take sprinkles AND filling in my doughnut today…

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

@justM: aaarrgh! I missed that in my preparations for this onrushing apocalypse thing that the Blog Guy is always warning us is coming! I’d ask you to inform me of this gadget, but we all know how that would end.

Posted by jclimacus081 | Report as abusive