Seinfeld, a show about bupkis…

December 13, 2011

Blog Guy, you have the most authoritative entertainment news anywhere, so I’m coming to you first about something I heard.

There’s a rumor that my all-time favorite sitcom, “Seinfeld,” is coming back to TV next season. Any chance it’s true?

Basically, yes. They’re shooting it now, with Jerry Seinfeld, Jason Alexander and Julia Louis-Dreyfus reprising their original roles.

That’s GREAT! I can’t wait to see what they…. Hey, wait a minute. What about Kramer?

Well, that’s the new twist. Kramer is out. Instead of New York City, the other three live in Israel, and their wacky neighbor across the hall is President Shimon Peres. I’m telling you, the stuff those guys get up to…

I have to say, Blog Guy, that sounds to me like a VERY different show.

No, it’s pretty much the same, apart from being totally in Hebrew. They’re even recycling some of their more successful plots.

Really? So what’s going on in this top photo, with Seinfeld and Peres?

I believe Jerry is talking to Shimon about some kind of contest the four of them are having. I wish I could tell you more, but this is a family blog…

Top: Israel’s President Shimon Peres (R) meets U.S. comedian, actor and writer Jerry Seinfeld in Jerusalem November 23, 2007, in this handout photo by the Israeli Government Press Office (GPO). REUTERS/Moshe Milner/GPO/Handout

Left: Peres meets actor Jason Alexander at the president’s residence in Jerusalem October 25, 2011. REUTERS/Ronen Zvulun

Right: Actress Julia Louis-Dreyfus attends a ceremony to unveil her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Hollywood, May 4, 2010. REUTERS/Fred ProuserREUTERS/Ronen Zvulun

Fortunately, I managed not to spray my coffee all over when I started laughing.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

In the top photo, is Seinfeld showing Peres the size of a Hebrew National hot dog when it heats up?

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

I always thought that it would have been clever in the episode about the contest to have the Divinyls “I Touch Myself” playing in the background.

Posted by 69Spinster | Report as abusive

Blog Guy, you’ve outdone yourself with this one. From the headline to the last line, I’m laughing hard.

This post deserves more than a haiku, but here it goes:

Seinfeld coming back
With more antics — and Peres!
My life is complete

Posted by 69Spinster | Report as abusive

Is Julia’s look being nominated to the GFMDS? “What’s in here? Nothing much.” is the look, but I know that’s not true. Can’t even come close to this one: http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 11/08/14/michele-bachmann-the-wurst-winn er-ever/

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Blog Guy, assuming that your domain is humor blogging, I will say that, uh, you’re the master of your domain.

Posted by 69Spinster | Report as abusive

Actress lady appears to be miming shooting herself in the head…

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

@CrowGirl: That was her reaction when she learned that she’d have to learn fluent Hebrew for the show’s revival.

Posted by 69Spinster | Report as abusive

Onedoor, sometimes eating kosher food offers one less, but it is better for all of us. As in the case of the Hebrew National Hot Dog, need I say more?

Posted by uncarastus | Report as abusive

@unca: Hebrew Nats with mustard, onions, pickles. Sigh… Summertime.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

I will take the heat for this but I am not really a Seinfeld fan. Either of the show or his comedy. Can’t really comment on the blog itself then. What I will say is I am on the fence about Julia Louis-Dreyfus. There are times I would go for it but then I am kinda like ehhh I dunno. For the most part I think I would.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

@Spin – are you queen of the castle? ;)

The Contest is one of my favorite Seinfeld episodes. That one and the shrinkage episode make me laugh every time I watch them.

The Green Day song they played on the final episode works well for OE :( I hope you had the time of your life…

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

I have seen a few episodes of Seinfield and I liked what I saw..
Really liked Jason Alexander’s character.. he made me laugh quite a lot, and yes ofcourse Kramer.

But like they say, all good things must end. :(