The stuff dream photos are made of…

December 13, 2011

Hey, Blog Guy, I’m here! Do  you recognize me?

I am in the presence of the Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come?

No, you dimwit. This isn’t “A Christmas Carol.” I’m the guy who sets up all those great fantasy photos for your readers, so I’m sorry to see it’s going away.

Well, thanks for all your good work. You’ve pulled off pictures I would have thought impossible, especially the ones involving world leaders.

You’re much too kind, Blog Guy. With the huge budget you gave me, let’s just say miracles could be performed.

I loved that time you got Nicolas Sarkozy to grab

Yeah, I know the one you mean. You’ve used it over and over in your blog.

And getting Muammar Gaddafi and Hugo Chavez to drive around together. I’ve used that one a lot, too.

So there’s still some money left, Blog Guy. Any fantasy photos of your own before this all ends?

Could you have Russian President Vladimir Putin and former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi dress up like shaggy dogs and eat pickles and radishes?

That’s easy. Here you go, Blog Guy.

Wow! Okay, one more. Can you photograph German Chancellor Angela Merkel doing dishes?

Hmmmmm. Not in a sink with suds, but I think I can get her to use a dishwasher. Is that good enough?

That sure works for me!

Top: Russian President Vladimir Putin (L) and Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi smile during their informal supper at the Zavidovo residence outside Moscow, February 3, 2003. REUTERS/ITAR-TASS/KREMLIN PRESS SERVICE

Right: German Chancellor Angela Merkel looks at a dishwasher during the presentation of the first fully functional “Energy Surplus House” in Berlin, December 7, 2011.REUTERS/Bernd Settnik/Pool

Left: French yachtswoman Maud Fontenoy poses with France’s president Nicolas Sarkozy after she was awarded Chevalier of the French order of Merit during a ceremony at the Elysee Palace in Paris, July 12, 2007. REUTERS/Jean-Paul Pelissier

Bottom right: Venezuela’s President Hugo Chavez (R) drives Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi’s limousine as they arrive at an event in Margarita Island September 28, 2009. REUTERS/Miraflores Palace/Handout

Are Putin and Burlusconi flirting with each other?

Posted by 69Spinster | Report as abusive

That looks like a really chilly restaurant those guys are hanging out at…. It must be in proximity to the Restaurant at the end of the Universe.

As for your last pic – one down, one to go. Just sayin’….

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Blog Guy, I’m guessing that Fantasty Photo Guy works remotely if he works for you, but you didn’t recognize him. Either that, or you didn’t know that he could actually form sentences and not just photo ops.

Fantasty Photo Guy, you’ve done a great job. Thanks for using the last of the budget on more world leader fantasty photos. Karl Lagerfeld was good, but I like the work you’ve done with the world leaders. http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 11/04/29/creepy-just-got-creepier/

Posted by 69Spinster | Report as abusive

Those look like a couple of COLD leader dudes. Where’s Charles?

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Top: Russian President Vladimir Putin (L) and Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi (R) audition for the remake of “Spies Like Us.”

2nd photo: France’s president Nicolas Sarkozy auditions for the French remake of “A Big Hand for the Little Lady.”

Bottom: Venezuela’s President Hugo Chavez (R) and the late Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi (R) in an outtake from “Taxi Cab 2″.

Sorry, but for Angela, I got nuthin’.

Apologies to Dan Ackroyd, Chevy Chase, Joanne Woodward, Jimmy Fallon, and Queen Latifah.

Posted by FriscoJohn | Report as abusive

@69Spinster, who doesn’t Berlusconi flirt with? :-/

Posted by Jibberish | Report as abusive

Crabs?
George

Shut! Up!
Unca Rastus

Posted by uncarastus | Report as abusive

What on earth is on the plate by the gravy boat?!

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

CrowGirl, that is white and red foldable gravy!

Posted by uncarastus | Report as abusive

@CrowGirl: I like @unca’s resonse. I thought they wre maybe large pierogi with currants — served with a side of ketchup and dill.

Posted by 69Spinster | Report as abusive

Maybe if they took a cue from the Energy Surplus House in Berlin, Putin and Berlusconi wouldn’t have to dress like shaggy dogs at the Zavidovo residence.

Posted by 69Spinster | Report as abusive

Photo #1: Putin and Burlusconi audtion for remake of a Crosby and Hope Road movie – On the Road to Moscow.

Photo #2: German Chancellor Angela Merkel tries to find the ever elusive Maytag repairman.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Can you carry smashed potatoes home in foldable gravy?

@George: don’t despair! It looked much too cold for crabs at that dinner.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

The world leader dudes are laughing at their poor guest who tried to drink out of his glass and got his lips stuck to it in the cold!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Hey photo dude guy. It’s me, ifly. You know you have really done a great job with the photos. Very good camera work and all. I do have a small request if I may impose. Do you think it would be possible you can get a pic of me, my arm around Miranda Kerr, and a certain guy (won’t use his name but he knows who he is, yes he does) on the ground with a black eye? Any room in the remaining budget for that? Would be fantastic! If not that’s cool, I will settle for a pic of Miranda Kerr. That would be awesome too. :)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Oh Mr.Pilot, I had really hoped you would be over her by now! Ah well…
Fantasy Photo Guy, if you are doing fantasy photos, one of Mr.Fab Abs for the girls and me, please? :)

I was Shra but ya know….. since there is a budget to spend and all.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I thought maybe it was freshly shot and still bleeding meringue jellyfish, but I like both Spin and Unca’s suggestions better.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Markel’s sure is a homely woman :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive