Comments on: A day at the front line in Sri Lanka What makes a great picture? Thu, 18 Aug 2016 11:13:37 +0000 hourly 1 By: Muhilan B.E Fri, 29 May 2009 14:47:11 +0000 1)This coverage is of only 20% remaining 80% depands on people word’s in war zone.
2)It’s not LTTE who kept people as human sheild as once LTTE asked people to go under UN eye, but people refused as they were afraid of SL Army torture.Only a seperate Homeland for tamil “EELAM” would be a solution to this.
3)Let UN take poll on North for people’s desire on seperate homeland.
4)Norway knows the fact about LTTE & SL Army,were they did not ban LTTE
5)SL Killed a fellow sinhalese Lasantha Wickrematunge(Journalist) for his publications against Govt. move in Tamil’s freedom act.Lasantha wickrematunge baged UNESCO World Press Freedom Prize in 2009.
6)SL hold’s 165 place of 173 countries for Reporters Without Borders.As they try to cover up their flaws.
7)Northern part under LTTE rule was well packed and diciplined
*Let all our tears vanish and EELAM Rise…..*

By: Blyth Thu, 28 May 2009 09:14:56 +0000 Truth is the only victim of this stupid war. I married a Tamil and spent time in northern Sri Lanka during the conflicts. Both the Singhalese and Tamils are wonderful people. This single fact should be understood. If one looks for differences one will surely find them. There is no quick fix here other than patience and no answer but time, and the will to heal. Anger, pain and fear keep us bound to our lower nature. Despite everything that has happened on both ‘sides’ wisdom must lead us gently back to mutual tollerance and respect. As someone once pointed out: “If one went to the moon one would see only one Human Race”.

By: zac Tue, 19 May 2009 04:44:53 +0000 Thank you western media for your tireless efforts to capture the essence of the situation by putting your life on the line. One day truth will come out. If it is left to SL media, their propaganda seem very obvious in revealing their own device. Such as one video I saw in Channel 4 UK news, where they had dressed up full-cheeked kids in Tiger uniform, while the entire clip was full of skinny, malnutritious Tamil men, women and children wandering all over the place.
Thank you again, and God bless you for what you’re doing.

By: Asiri Wed, 13 May 2009 07:20:29 +0000 Most of the western countries and their so called journalists make their living by selling this war. Therefore they do not want to see the end of this war in Sri Lanka. They know nothing about the brutality of LTTE. We Sri Lankans (Sinhalese, Tamils, Muslims etc.) suffered it for nearly 30 years. So please do interfere with our FREEDOM.

By: Sathyawel Sinnathambi Thu, 07 May 2009 03:45:14 +0000 LTTE is the only terrorist group in the world who has killed two world leaders and over 100 politeciens . they invented the suiside bomb kit and introduced cianide capsule to commit suicide once captured. Sri Lanka Army is helping these tamil ceviliens by relesing them from the LTTE cos they were held by froce against their will. the world has bigger problems like USA bombing afganistan yesterday and killing 200 innocent ceviliens …. and the war going in Iraq !!!

By: krishnamurthi ramachandran Mon, 04 May 2009 11:01:59 +0000 Dear Sir,
Your coverages on war zone between LTTE and Govt.forces, peoples sufferings on the existing situations are excellent.
Your photos are all very fine.
I wish Her countries problems will be solved at the earliest.
Let Peace and Prosperity prevails to all countries.

By: Dinesh Wed, 29 Apr 2009 16:59:51 +0000 How a sinhala person feel if LTTE control the south sinhala side or may be Panandura area. That is the problem going on currently. Let the Tamil rule their own people and Sinhala occupied forces shoule leave North and East and go back ot their South and sing some Baila songs and drink Pol Arrack.

By: ajen kandy Tue, 28 Apr 2009 21:30:13 +0000 All i can see is that the sinhala commenters are still as racist as thier fathers who brought the wrath of the LTTE on them.

By: PS Tue, 28 Apr 2009 13:58:56 +0000 To leonard, your closing comment which insinuates that Tamils were refugees to SL is both insensitve and inaccurate.

This standard belief is the undercurrent of much of Singhalese prejudice towards Tamils. The fact is Tamils have lived in north of Sri Lanka as long as the Singalese have.

Lest he should appear an ill informed racist, I would suggest that Leonard refrains from making further contributions.

By: Chris Mon, 27 Apr 2009 19:00:10 +0000 As I person who has lot of Tamil Friends in Sri Lanka and in USA now, I would like to see the end of LTTE and dawn of peace to the people in North and East. The end of LTTE will be the true Liberation of all the people in Sri Lanka.