Deals du Jour
With Germany due to decide which bidder — or bidders — it prefers as a partner for Opel, it’s a big day for carmakers. And the sale of RBS’s Asia assets is moving closer as well, with ANZ bank raising money for the purchase, and sources telling Reuters that HSBC has pulled out of the race. For top deals of the day, click here.
From the newspapers:
* A unit of the Aviation Industry Corp of China (AVIC), China’s huge state-owned aircraft maker, plans to list abroad in the near future, the official China Securities Journal said, citing AVIC President Lin Zuoming.
* Citigroup Inc and Bank of America Corp are likely to soon raise base salaries for investment bankers to compensate for limits on annual bonuses, the Wall Street Journal said, citing people familiar with the matter. Read Reuters story here.
* Belgian measuring equipment group Metris is in merger talks with Japan’s Nikon <7731.T> and with Japanese precision measurement specialist Mitutoyo, Belgian daily De Standaard said.
* British clothing brand Aquascutum could be sold to the Hong Kong clothier that distributes the label in China and South-East Asia, the Financial Times reported.
* PAI Partners sweetened an offer to inject more equity into struggling roofing business Monier to keep control of the company, the Financial Times said.