Comments on: Save the pelicans and small businesses http://blogs.reuters.com/small-business/2010/06/29/save-the-pelicans-and-small-businesses/ Grow your own Thu, 26 Mar 2015 12:32:24 +0000 hourly 1 http://wordpress.org/?v=4.2.5 By: PHILK http://blogs.reuters.com/small-business/2010/06/29/save-the-pelicans-and-small-businesses/comment-page-1/#comment-2061 Wed, 30 Jun 2010 19:16:38 +0000 http://blogs.reuters.com/small-business/?p=2357#comment-2061 I agree George. As a small business owner I’m an oily pelican and that isn’t going to change anytime soon.
The country as a whole is not on a sustainable path for solvency and growth and that hurts small business tremendously. 70% of the citizens of this country know it and that makes us anxious and apprehensive thus we don’t want to commit to anything. The remaining 30% of the citizens support the current self-destructive path we are on including the current federal administration which displays a stunning lack of leadership. Until the path is corrected, unemployment will remain very high.

]]>
By: jeweler http://blogs.reuters.com/small-business/2010/06/29/save-the-pelicans-and-small-businesses/comment-page-1/#comment-2055 Wed, 30 Jun 2010 01:06:07 +0000 http://blogs.reuters.com/small-business/?p=2357#comment-2055 In answer to the authors questions; health insurance is part of a salary or compensation package for the work an employee does. You would add these benefits to be an attractive employer, not to get a tax credit. Similarly, if you created a $40,000 annual job, it would be because you need the additional labor, not to get the tax credit. The credits are just a little bit of help. If your business isn’t self sustaining, perhaps you should look for a good employer yourself.

]]>