Which soccer players would make good Star Trek characters?
With the new Star Trek film out, we thought we’d have a bit of fun and see which soccer players could play the famous characters.
They’ve changed all the actors anyway and brought in a youthful crop, so why not?
Reuters resident Trekkies Kevin Fylan and Alison Wildey had a bash at a soccer version but please come up with your own ideas in the comments below.
1. David Beckham as Kirk (if not John Terry or Steven Gerrard)
2. Someone logical and Germanic as Spock, so maybe Arsene Wenger
3. Scotty would have to be a little powerhouse who fixes it just in time like Maradona (or a Scotsman like Archie Gemmill)
4. Bones is tricky. Are there any doctors in football? Dr Josef Venglos? Did Norman Whiteside go off and get a physio qualification?
5. We need the guy in red who gets shot at the start of each episode. Darren Fletcher?
PHOTO: Cast member Zachary Quinto poses at the premiere of the movie “Star Trek” at the Grauman’s Chinese theatre in Hollywood, California April 30, 2009. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni