Reuters Soccer Blog
World Soccer views and news
Rangers defender Kirk Broadfoot is an unlucky man.
Earlier this month, the 25-year-old Scotland international was taken to hospital after an egg he was microwaving exploded. He was trying to poach the egg but hot liquid squirted out when he opened the microwave door, burning his cheek.
There followed lots of newspaper headlines about him having “egg on his face”.
The player was already ruled out for the rest of the season because of a series of niggles.
Now he has been told he won’t play again until November following surgery on his left foot.