Olympics 2016 decision day: live blog

October 2, 2009

Join us for our live blog on the day of the decision for the 2016 Olympic Games, with Chicago, Madrid, Rio de Janeiro and Tokyo the four candidate cities.
Comments are open, so please give us your views and predictions, and we have a poll running, so give us your vote as well!

Kevin Fylan, Copenhagen

I want Tokyo to get it, I think Rio needs it most, but I think Chicago will end up with it… Madrid? No chance…

Posted by Stuart Ronson | Report as abusive

I commend Obama’s commitment to the effort, considering that the revenue should – in theory – trickle millions of dollars into the city of Chicago and into the hands of thousands of businesses that will support and run the Olympics.

However, while considering the plan briefings, it seems like Brasil should get the Games. As indicated in their synopsis, with the 2014 World Cup being held and no previous Olympics in South America, it can be a very lucrative opportunity for a BRIC country to get this chance. It could throw Brasil from a developing/frontier nation into the spotlight – with many sponsors willing to jump on that bandwagon.

Thanks for the coverage!

Posted by AJ | Report as abusive

Tokyo or Chicago will get it?

Posted by Lee | Report as abusive

Okay, so who would YOU vote for?
1-“Let Friendship Shine” (Chicago)
2-“Games with the Human Touch” (Madrid)
3-“Live Your Passion” (Rio)
4-“Games at the Heart of City Life” (Tokyo)

COME. ON.

Couldn’t they come up with better than that?

Posted by Ahmed Anwar | Report as abusive

It’s funny. There was a great buzz about Rio going into the week and they’ve been relentlessly positive but talking to people and the momentum does seem to have shifted to Chicago.

Posted by Kevin Fylan | Report as abusive

And I think the desitre to offend no one often leaves the slogans pretty bland… Anyone care to suggest better ones?

Posted by Kevin Fylan | Report as abusive

I don’t find fair if Chicago wins… Olympics then would be only a matter of anglo countries (USA 1980, 1984, 1996, 2002; Australia 2000; Canada 2010; UK 2012.. USA 2016 AGAIN????) NO MORE!!!!
In this case it’s better for all Anglo nations to bid for the next games: Glasgow, Dublin, Aukland, Toronto.. Sure they will get it!!!
Rio 2016 Deserves the games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Nacholympic | Report as abusive

I’ve lived in Chicago for 10 years and look forward to a decision later today. I wrote a related blog article, “Top 10 Olympic-sized Advances in Mobile Technology for the 2016 Summer Olympics” http://bit.ly/gTb0g

Wow! Loved Mayor Daley’s reference to Jesse Owens – hadn’t realized Owens was from Chicago…

Posted by Broad Shoulders | Report as abusive

I want RIO DE JANEIRO to win!! It would be awesome…its a beautiful place, and South America deserve it! GO RIO!

Posted by Barbara | Report as abusive

Agree, the reference to Jesse Owens was pretty moving.

Posted by Kevin Fylan | Report as abusive

Oh no, not Chicago. Rio deserves it!!!

Posted by Jenny | Report as abusive

Michelle Obama sounds like Martin Luther King…persuasive, passionate, eloquent.

Posted by Broad Shoulders | Report as abusive

Who cares. The city that bribes the olympic committee the most will win. Keep it out of the US.

I think Chicago will get it and I hope it does. Would be great for the midwest and all of the U.S.

Vai Rio! A Cidade Maravilhosa!

Posted by Pete | Report as abusive

Speaking as an Irishman, it’s a blessed relief to read about a vote that doesn’t mention the word ‘Lisbon’!!

Chicago’s a great city, would be deserving hosts and I fancy they’ll just sneak it.

Posted by Padraic Halpin | Report as abusive

Chicago all the way. Love that city, love the people!

Posted by Herbs | Report as abusive

Anyone ask the question of why Obama really wants the Games in Chicago? Will the media really report on the millions his cronies await to make after they sell all the slum projects they bought? Will the media report on the way ACORN will make millions? It’s also a shame that Obama would go to Copenhagen, when an American Territory, better known as American Samoa was ravaged by tsunamis.

Posted by Mybo | Report as abusive

most of the wise money on Chicago, but if you are looking for a more courageous punt Rio.

Posted by Neil Barnaby | Report as abusive

Chicago should not get the games – nothing wrong with the city but come on, Atlanta hosted the 1996 games (badly) and L.A. had them in 1984.
South America has never been given the opportunity so I’m backing Rio!
It would be the fairest and obvious choice – but I guess that means I’m not living in the real world eh?

Posted by paul | Report as abusive

We should all remember Obama’s offensive joke on the Jay Leno show a few months ago, when he degraded the Paralympics. Referring to his bowling game he said ‘his performance was more like the Specialo Olympics’.
This guy is so two-faced and people should know what he really stands for. I hope Rio take the prize.

Posted by Stas van Bilderbeek | Report as abusive

Posted by thomas radzienda | Report as abusive

@ Thomas Radzienda, hey why dont you go to school and further your education or better yet why don\’t you ask your parents to give you some common sense. You sound like a damn fool. Your previous president has been sending troops to Iraq for no damn reason fighting an unnecessary war and you have the audacity to speak negatively about Obama regarding the olympics. You sound like a damn fool. I want to know who the hell told you that you were smart because clearly you are very unintelligent. Go read a book DUMMY because you appear to be very slow.

Many worry Brazil will struggle to host a World Cup and Olympics so close. The non-US media doesnt think Chicago deserves it as they havent properly said how they’ll pay, so could Tokyo sneak through after all? Sorry Madrid, but London, Sochi, Madrid is too European..

Posted by Mark | Report as abusive

That’s interesting, Mark. I think the Tokyo people will be pretty pleased with their presentation. It hit all the main points they wanted to make.

Posted by Kevin Fylan | Report as abusive

I don’t think Chicago should host the Olympics. It is a city with a corrupted government which can not afford to do this in the first place. I don’t think the US government should be subsidizing that event and putting the country’s into a bigger deficit. Obama should not get involved with this event and waste tax payers money on traveling with his wife to Denmark in the first place. How about go and visit American Samoa affected by the tsunami…but wait he has better things to do. Chicago and its politics are as shady as the president of the US.

Posted by Grace K | Report as abusive

Regarding this comment: “why should rio have the olympics it still has kidnnaped american children tied up in their archaic court system plus poor children roaming their streets”
Why should the USA or Japan have it…they have the same problem too., plus racism and bigotry..

Posted by Annie | Report as abusive

Jorge Ben? knowing his music really dates (and limits) someone…specially in Brasil where every state has different styles of music and dance….knowing someone that was famous 25+ yrs ago, does not reflect the amazingly beautiful Brasil.

Posted by Annie | Report as abusive

I think Brasil should be given the opportunity to show the world it’s amazingly varied country.
The mix of races, the foods, the music, Every state in the country is unique. No other country in the world has that mix, friendliness and willingness to be part of this.
My vote is Brasil.

Posted by Annie | Report as abusive

I have a real weakness for Jorge Ben, Annie. I’m not that old, though, honest! Os Alquimistas Estão Chegando! At least that fits with Paulo Coelho, who is also here and wrote The Alchemist.

Posted by Kevin Fylan | Report as abusive

Knowing rio as I do…I really can´t see how they will host the games properly…My only and Big concern is the SECURITY chapeter. I wouldn´t be surprised if some turist or atlethes, coming for the games in Rio, got killed or injuried somehow. Rio it´s really one of the most dangerous cities in the world.More than 3 milion people lives in “Favelas”!!! And about the Transport system…oh my god, let´s face it…it´s just terible. There is no cohesive public transport system in Rio and drivers will stop for nothing and often run red lights. Some are even known to drive on the pavements. No way Rio can face the Olympics now. It´s just too Dagerous and poor. Maybe in the next election for 2020!

Posted by James | Report as abusive

The bid should go to Tokyo, as it will do the most for the world as a whole in putting the spotlight on green technologies and environmental protection. While all of the cities are certainly worthy of the bid, only Tokyo plans to use it as an opportunity to do good for the world – rather than merely one city or region.

Posted by Henry VII | Report as abusive

For Americans who have been alinated from the the World
by G W Bush and his cronies I hope the games go to Chicago
to give the Obamas a chance to bring the world back to America.

Good luck Chicago

Posted by Hitesh | Report as abusive

Brazil? Really? I know a few people from Brazil, and not once have I ever heard anything that made me think, “I would feel safe going there.” For example, at one of the main movie theaters in São Paulo, a man just walked into a theater and opened fire with a machine gun. All of my friends’ cars are also bullet proof, and one of them even bought their drivers license rather than take the test. How’s that for a corrupt government?

Not to say that Brazil isn’t a beautiful country with a great culture and a lot of other things to offer, but I seriously doubt their ability to run a safe and crime-free Olympic games. And for me, athlete and spectator safety should be number one.

Posted by Corinne | Report as abusive

Hard to believe Obama can campaign to host the Paralympics after his ill-thought out ‘Special Olympics’ comment on Letterman a week or so after his investiture. Madrid only 90 minutes’ flight from London so seems largely pointless despite bid’s strengh, Tokyo would be eight years after Beijing, Chicago would simply be marking the 20th anniversary of the worst games in living memory in Atlanta.

Rio seems the no brainer to me….

Posted by Eddy Piaf | Report as abusive

That very point has just come up, Corinne. It will be interesting to see how they answer it.

Posted by Kevin Fylan | Report as abusive

I think this is the right time for the world to come to the Obama US. Chicago all the way

Posted by Charles Kwaku Mensah | Report as abusive

[...] Left field » Blog Archive » Olympics 2016 decision day: live blog … [...]

Oh! what a thrilling competition, i thought that was awful stuff from the Obamas and you know what we East Africans and particularly Kenyans will run the long races with pride infront of our very own strong blood that has rooted in Chicago.
Go go go and run Chicago the city that is so diverse and one that showcases the imperical fact that no where in the world is every language spoken and every race has stepped in; only in the land of Dreams the U S of A.
Chicago i bet with Obama will do the world just proud.

Posted by Gerald | Report as abusive

All bids are high quality – but go Rio and Brazil and await the opening ceremony and biggest Carnaval ever – it is time to spread and share the spirit of Olympism around the world

Posted by ricky | Report as abusive

It is pretty thrilling, isn’t it? The buzz is that rio have done very well, but I don’t hink anyone is ready to write off Chicago yet … And Madrid still to come.

Posted by Kevin Fylan | Report as abusive

I am brazilian and I would support the Olympic games in Brazil however I won’t still a lot to be done in Brazil. We have to learn more how to have a equal society. No matters if we have a archaic court (the law is based in American law and for that ones who doesn’t now about BRAZILIAN/american boy kept in our country go and read more about it- so dear americans don’t come to judge Brazilians!!)The best place now a days for host the games is Japan for the culture, the friendly people and also for the infrastructure – it’s everything ready, unfortunately in Brazil We have to do a lot specially for the infrastructure, transport and fight against crime. THomas go and read start with a simple book, don’t push yourself to hard learn is a process… keep going and left behind you racists comments.

Posted by Sergio Alessandro | Report as abusive

South America – Brazil – Rio

Posted by João Demonte | Report as abusive

Come on people, get your votes in on the poll above. I can’t believe Rio are such overwhelming favourites!

Posted by Kevin Fylan | Report as abusive

Is done deal for Chicago long ago… President Obama will never go there and risk his image if wasn’t like that… he has to much to loose on the eyes of the American People if he do not come home with the Olynpics in hand. He has a heat at home about this… he left pending Afganistan and Iran two issues that Americans really care. And the economy … more job loss.
Chicago will be the next Olympics city, no question about it.

Posted by Maria | Report as abusive

Why can’t you believe so many people are behind Brazil? I’m not Brazlian but have been to Rio and think it would be a great venue – and has a great population who would make the event amazing. Having seen from they Sydney games that it’s the local volunteers that make the event great, I think Brazilians would excel.

Bring some South American flavor to the games!

Posted by Megan | Report as abusive

ALRIGHT….TAKING EVERYTHING INTO ACCOUNT,I THINK BRAZIL ( RIO ) SHOULD HOLD THE 2016 OLYMPIC GAMES. I RECKON ITS GOING TO BE AN EVENT OF A LIFE TIME, NOT ONLY FOR THE PEOPLE OF BRAZIL BUT THE WORLD!!! IT WILL BE HISTORY IN THE MAKING …. AND WE WILL ALL TALK ABOUT RIO AND THE GAMES FOR YEARS TO COME …THE WARMTH OF THE PEOPLE, THE CULTURE, THE COLOURS, THE DANCES AT THE OPENING AND CLOSING CEREMONIES…THE ATMOSPHERE, THE COUNTRY AND THIS WILL BE ‘SOUTH AMERICA’ – A CHANCE THEY HAVENT HAD. NOW…A LOT OF PEOPLE, INCLUDING MR OBAMA AND THE REST OF THE WORLD WILL UNDERSTAND THE IMPORTANCE OF GIVING CHANGE A CHANCE … LET US NOT DENY RIO, BRAZIL AND THE PEOPLE OF SOUTH AMERICA THAT CHANCE!!! THESE GAMES WILL DO WONDERS FOR THE PEOPLE …

HOWEVER, I AM WORRIED ABOUT THE SECURITY, TRANSPORT AND INFRASTRUCTURE. THAT IS ONE AREA THAT THE BRAZILLIAN GOVERNMANT HAS TO START WORK ON WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT.

BUT AGAIN, GIVEN THE CHANCE, I HAVE NO DOUBTS THEY WILL DO IT !!!

WE LIVE IN AN EQUAL AND OPEN WORLD SO LETS OPEN UP TO CHANGE AND GIVE BRAZIL A CHANCE TO ENTATAIN US…

LIVE YOUR PASSION !!! AND GREAT PASSIONATE GAMES IS WHAT YOU ARE GOING GET !!!

AM UP FOR IT !!!

Posted by DICEY | Report as abusive

Hi megan. Don’t get me wrong: Rio’s a great bid and they stand a great chance. I just imagine there must be fans of the others out there as well. Ninety-odd percent is a bit high in such a tight race!

Posted by Kevin Fylan | Report as abusive

i really think Brazil would be great, however it is a major security risk. does anyone remember Munich? I do not want something like that to happen again. I am American, but i would’nt mind the games going to Madrid.

Posted by ray | Report as abusive

Let South America shine. It is their time. Bring the Olympics some hear and soul that the Latins have. Instead of the same old boring european/ north american ways.
Go Rio!

[...] follow the IOC’s meeting live, you can go to Reuters Global Sports Blog who are live blogging from [...]

I know the people, I know the country and I know the culture. Rio will offer an unique and relaxed atmosphere for the 2016 Games.

Posted by Jony | Report as abusive

You’re not alone Jony. There seem to be a lot of Rio fans here. You must all be getting nervous!

Posted by Kevin Fylan | Report as abusive

As a brazilian, I am against Rio-2016. There’s no private companies supporting it. It would be us, taxpayears, to support all that.

Pan-Am games, a 3rd rate competition, was a monumental failure on Rio, costing 8 times the budget, and leaving absolute no legacy at all.

Brazil doesn’t need the Olympics to feed the corruption and increase the tax burden

Posted by Andraus Neato | Report as abusive

Tokyo seems to have the most selfless message. It comes across as it’s not about an individual (I don’t have long to live so let me see an Olympics in my city come to pass), a city (we should be doing this because we’re a reflection of the world) or a country or a continent (we’ve never done it, give us chance)… it’s about the environment and the world we all live in. That should be the spirit of the Olympics.

Posted by Mysharona | Report as abusive

If this goes to Chicago then the Olympic Committee deserves the scandal and highway robbery it’s going to get with such a stupid choice. While the Middle East praises Obama, they’ll be figuring out their best shot to attack huge masses of people in Chicago, 2016. The bright thing to do, the RIGHT thing to do, is to give Brazil a chance to shine. No Olympiad has been held in South America and this is the chance of a lifetime. Keep it out of Obamanation!

Posted by AmericanBelle | Report as abusive

Once again Juan Antonio Samaranch (IOC) and FIFA have proven that professional racketeering is alive and well. Both these organizations have shown time and time again that their really is NO impartiality in this decision making process..But if must be “Boa sorte Rio e os cariocas”

Posted by Mick | Report as abusive

I agree 200% with Andraus Neato. Parabens..

Posted by Mick | Report as abusive

For what the tourists will see in Rio and what the affects it will have on the public purses for the average carioca will be disastrous. Wow i wonder if Lula if hopping for a successful Rio 2016 bid and then a successful re-election for his PT party in 2010!!!

Posted by Mick | Report as abusive

I have been to Brasil and it truly is an amazing country – but they’ve got to be kidding themselves if they think that Rio will be crime free by the time the Olympics roll around. Any of the other candidates would be amazing and a hell of a lot safer.

Posted by Rose | Report as abusive

Rio is a wonderful city with huge advances in terms of public safety, additionally they will deploy the national guard to ensure that all the major Olympics areas have a near null violent incidence rate for visitors. Sure they can´t change overnight, but we’re talking about a country which has made huge strides and would have 6 years to improve.

London 2012, what better follow up in 2016 than RIO?

Posted by Nigel Toates | Report as abusive

Chicago was the absolute worst place to pick. That place is just a ignorant liberal OBAMA-land. I we were going to pick an American city pick a better one. GO RIO.

Posted by Clayton Spivey | Report as abusive

Having the “Summer Games” in South America during our winter time would be great :)

Posted by Norma | Report as abusive

give rio a go!!! those boring european cities can jump in a lake…

Posted by paul mullenmeister | Report as abusive

I am asshamed of those Brazilians voting and talking bad about their own country. Instead, they should give their support and work to improve Brazil and its politics; better, they should work hard for giving Brazil a chance to create great Olympic Games in 2016 in a wonderful place, in a safe and secure environment. I am not always in favor of Rio, but I would never bid against my own country. Every body has problems and everyone can get better and resolve them.

Posted by Heloisa | Report as abusive

Lula, said a big truth all the Games had been health in the norther hemisphere is time to change history…

Posted by Christian | Report as abusive

“For example, at one of the main movie theaters in São Paulo, a man just walked into a theater and opened fire with a machine gun.” (Corinne)

Yeah, indeed. But in the US they do that in high schools. Psychosis is something that goes far beyond our capacity of providing safety.

Posted by Thibault | Report as abusive

Heloisa:
I am against the games on Rio because I love Brazil. Not only that, I’m against the Cup here, too. For Brazil’s sake, let’s keep an eye on it, and denounce the bad use of public money

Posted by Andraus Neato | Report as abusive

30 minutes to go…

Posted by Christian | Report as abusive

Andraus, your words are a bit confusing. Could you explain where bringing tourists, athlets and the press from all over the world and lots of investment to improve the city and the country (for the Cup and Olympics) is a bad use of public money?

Posted by Heloisa | Report as abusive

It would be just the second time in history in the southern hemisphere. WHEN then if not in 2016? And twice in a row in Europe has never happened before. Besides we have our crown prince from Holland in the IOC and his wife is from South America.

Posted by Ton van der Velden | Report as abusive

i support RIO because it wil be easy for India to claim for 2020 olympic

Posted by biswajit | Report as abusive

Investiments you and I would pay for – I would not be against those if it was like the German Cup: Alianz Arena, Mercedes-Benz Stadium, et all. Besides, no modern Olympic Games were profitable… Athens, untill a few years ago, was asking for a F1-GP for charity, to use some of the white elephants the games left in the country.
Again, the Panamerican games, a 3rd rate tournment, wasted 8 times its bidget, and what it left in Rio? Absolutelly nothing.
We could use this money developing young athletes

Posted by andraus Neato | Report as abusive

I’m going to say Rio will get it.. We’ve had Spain before.. and Chicago, well, too bad, but I think Atlanta wasnt that long ago..

Posted by kiwi | Report as abusive

This is GREAT! I Love that Chicago didn’t get the vote. This has made my day LOL :)IDEOTS! Anyone that actually thought Obama and Oprah could flash their pearly whits and get the panel to say yes? hahahahaha IDEOTS!!!!

Posted by John | Report as abusive

For some people, anything Brazil or Brazilians do is right, good, or enough. It’s is said and unfair, but they think they are right.
I can only ask them to try to keep their mind open.

Posted by Heloisa | Report as abusive

Sorry to be a nit picker but if Rio was to win the games it would be the Third time in the southern hemisphere i.e Melbourne, Sydney and Rio. I hope Rio wins

Posted by Roger | Report as abusive

It´s sad don´t see Tokio wining,I though was the best city and amazing place.I´m Portuguese but I don´t want Rio!!!!anybody knows how many people get killed,raped and get abuse everyday?????????????????many,many people ,special from police officers.

Congratulations Rio de Janeiro!!

super coverage of the bid, kept us engrossed and know what, you beat the other agencies hands down. way to go

Posted by ravi | Report as abusive

NWR: 100m 8secs in Rio Oly2016.. Thunder Bolt.. Usain’s newphew..

Posted by shake | Report as abusive

That’s very, very kind of you, Ravi. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed doing this blog … (though it has been a bit tricky juggling it with writing for the main service as well!) thanks to my colleagues here and in london who helped during the busiest bits.

Posted by Kevin Fylan | Report as abusive

from bondi to the copacabana. let s rejoice that the games are back in the southern hemisphere. sydney and rio are still my favourite cities!!!

Posted by paul | Report as abusive

I can see the rational for Rio being selected. However, I cannot understand why Chicago was the first of the four finalists to be eliminated. To me this clearly shows an anti-American attitude on the part of the Olympic committee especially in light of that committee’s arogant rebuke of baseball’s attempt at once again being an olympic sport. Congratulations Rio and thank you President Obama for attempting to “right the ship”.

Posted by andy bailey | Report as abusive

[...] Left field » Blog Archive » Olympics 2016 decision day: live blog … [...]

[...] city and amazing place.I´m Portuguese but I don´t want Rio!!!!anybody knows how many people get Read more Share and [...]

unfortunatly , possible one of the most corrupt sociaty in the world got chance to organize such big event!!!!!!!lets see how (doesn´t)works.

Now I’m sure that there are a lot of great people that live in Chicago and on the surface it is quite beautiful, but I have spent time in the city and just don’t see it as an Olympic town.

Posted by Mark | Report as abusive

“Alegria nao tem fim” (Happinness never ends) for Rio de Janeiro, the “marvelous city” that will host the 2016 Olympic games. I am no happy because Brazil deserved it and for its president, Lula, this is an international boost long earned.Brazil will host two world-famous sports events – Soccer world cup in 2014 and two years later, the Games. Not to be missed!!!!

Posted by Ricardo | Report as abusive

Good work Brazil. Goodluck for the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics preparations. Show the world that you deserve the vote of confidence to host the 2016 Summer Olympics. One more thing, wish you all the best in the upcoming 2010 South Africa World Cup.

======================================== =================== Check out this beauties too:

Pacquiao vs Cotto update ==>> http://pacquiao-vs-cotto.cebuspace.com/

South Africa World Cup 2010 ==>> http://south-africa-world-cup.blogspot.c om/

[...] Left field » Blog Archive » Olympics 2016 decision day: live blog … [...]

The Italians took no time in declaring their interest for 2020 once Madrid had lost. As soon as Rogge said Rio, the Italians issued the statement!
http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKL23029 0820091002
Venice is up for it!

Posted by Mark | Report as abusive

Chicago is an amazing city and Rio will never be able to produce the quality of event that is expected of them. Hopefully the Olympics will coincide with Carnival so the contestants can get there rocks off.

Posted by Steve | Report as abusive

At least the IOC hasn’t recognized greed and corruption as Olympic sporting events yet. This was merely a scheme by the current administration to help a few people get rich quick and waste more taxpayer money. This is the best news to come from Washington in a long long time. The IOC had the foresight to see right through this and it’s a very good decision.

Posted by Frank | Report as abusive

people think chicago has a bad crime rate wait till they get to rio

Posted by t r | Report as abusive

As an American, Congrats to Rio, as South America deserves it! As for the Obama’s (and Oprah, LOL) personal bids to the IOC, the front page of The Drudge Report put it best: “The Ego Has Landed”. PREFECT!! One reporter had stated that the Obama’s (and Oprah’s, LOL) bid seemed more like a “tourist package” than an Olympic bid. Just another demonstration of Obama’s huge EGO leading him to believe he can accomplish something he knows NOTHING about.

As for his “on the tarmac” meeting with General McCrystal, he thought he could score a “coup d’état” by coming home with the Olympics, while also appear to be multi-tasking by addressing REAL matters of concern, i.e. Afghanistan. Nice try Mr. President, but you failed with both, as everyone knows absolutely no REAL progress on a major issue can be accomplished in a brief meeting on a tarmac; just “politicking” for his own appearances. Now, get to WORK. FYI-It’s the ECONOMY, stupid!!!

Posted by Revo1776 | Report as abusive

sorry for the typo: “PERFECT”…duh

Posted by Revo1776 | Report as abusive

YEP….Brasil WOOOOONNNNNN

Posted by Annie | Report as abusive

Kevin….I’m in my 40′s and brazilin… Jorge Ben and Paulo Coelho are considered OOOOLLLLDDDDD…. Brasil is a young country….and there are many, many young composers that are very successful not only in their towns but also they are coming to the USA and Europe quite frequently now too…

Posted by Annie | Report as abusive

Rio and Brasil has been hosting events successfully for decades…. those who haven’t traveled outside of the USA have a lot to learn from South America, Europe, Asia and Africa…. the participants of this event will have a great time….

Posted by Annie | Report as abusive

I am concerned for all the potential visitors to Rio for Olympics. If Brazil continues with the aweful methods of providing tourist visas — the only people at the Olympics will be Brazilians … I dont think your country realizes how many people are literally changing their minds about traveling there because of the bizarre process and the attitudes of staff at local consulates…

I cant tell you how many people cancel their trip to Brazil and it is a shame for such a beautiful country and people.

Posted by Giza1199 | Report as abusive

I am disapointed that chicago lost but at the same time hapy for Rio. Brazil will do a great job, of that I am sure. As a former athlete, this was probably my last chance to attend an olympic event. But Thanks to the American delegate ayt the IOC…espeially Mr & Mrs Obama…you gave it your best shot…and no matter what Glen Beck and those of his elk say…we now know who in America has the best interest of the country at heart.

Posted by Kim | Report as abusive

[...] – Chelsea v Liverpool, which way will it go? While the IOC are busy making a rather more important decision in Copenhagen, it’s time again to make fools of ourselves by trying to predict the weekend’s Premier [...]