Comments on: Where would you invest now? http://blogs.reuters.com/summits/2008/10/24/where-would-you-invest-now/ Exclusive outtakes from industry leaders Wed, 16 Nov 2016 08:14:55 +0000 hourly 1 http://wordpress.org/?v=4.2.5 By: nitzie http://blogs.reuters.com/summits/2008/10/24/where-would-you-invest-now/comment-page-1/#comment-502 Thu, 30 Oct 2008 06:52:05 +0000 http://blogs.reuters.com/summits/?p=2111#comment-502 time to invest in stem cell reserch

]]>
By: Matthew http://blogs.reuters.com/summits/2008/10/24/where-would-you-invest-now/comment-page-1/#comment-501 Wed, 29 Oct 2008 23:38:16 +0000 http://blogs.reuters.com/summits/?p=2111#comment-501 Cash is king. If you’re of a really nervous disposition (believing in the possibility of sovereign bankruptcies) put it under the mattress. Otherwise invest up to somewhere below the limit of government guarantees. Wait till there are no longer any really negative indicators – that could well be some time in 2010 or 2011 (forget what the stock market’s doing unless you have very big cojones) then dive in, double your money in a few months and retire. Sorted!

]]>
By: ddavid http://blogs.reuters.com/summits/2008/10/24/where-would-you-invest-now/comment-page-1/#comment-500 Tue, 28 Oct 2008 07:08:38 +0000 http://blogs.reuters.com/summits/?p=2111#comment-500 Just my own phenomenal experience. Wall Street has never been the place to gain long term wealth. I learned that in the 60’s. Wall Street reminds me of a Slot Machine that keeps paying and loosing. Comparison: As a young man I invested an equal amount with a Private Fund who has ALWAYS done better than the DOW over 30 years (no other Fund has ever achieved that type of return to my knowledge}, and the other half in a Personal Real Estate (R) and fixed term Investments (F). Between the two: My Personal “F” has outgrown “R” 80 to 1. In other words stocks are not the answer for 90% of the people; they only hope to do as well as the other 10% (the dream)
And you can’t compare Warren Buffet investments because he obtains special deals that no one else can get, such as a 10% return on a convertible bond set at an easy attainable stock price. If your thinking you can make the same return as Warren, you need to go to a school in finance.

]]>
By: jason http://blogs.reuters.com/summits/2008/10/24/where-would-you-invest-now/comment-page-1/#comment-499 Mon, 27 Oct 2008 18:17:01 +0000 http://blogs.reuters.com/summits/?p=2111#comment-499 Invest in local communities. Wall Street is not the only place to turn a profit.

]]>
By: Jim http://blogs.reuters.com/summits/2008/10/24/where-would-you-invest-now/comment-page-1/#comment-494 Fri, 24 Oct 2008 19:24:58 +0000 http://blogs.reuters.com/summits/?p=2111#comment-494 It’s time to invest in canned good mfgs. and water hedge funds! :) have a nice day :)

]]>