Hillary Clinton’s emotional moment takes reporters by surprise

January 7, 2008

PORTSMOUTH, N.H. — Sen. Hillary Clinton’s uncharacteristic emotional moment on Monday took campaign-weary reporters by surprise.

One minute Clinton, in response to a voter’s question, was talking about who styles her hair, saying some days she has help and other days she does it herself. Those latter days, she joked, are the ones photographers seemed to capture.

Then, her voice started to quaver, and the mob of reporters, jammed into a tiny cafe, many with their heads bowed as they took notes, whipped to attention.

“It’s not easy, and I couldn’t do it if I didn’t passionately believe it was the right thing,” Clinton said, explaining how she keeps campaigning day after day. “This is very personal for me, it’s not just political.”

As she said, “Some of us put ourselves out there and do this against some pretty difficult odds, and we do it, each one of us, because we care about our country,” her voice cracked, her tone grew hushed and her eyes glistened with tears. The room was silent except for her hushed voice.

“But some of us are right, and some of us are wrong. Some of us are ready, and some of us are not. Some of us know what we will do on Day One, and some of us really haven’t thought that through enough.”

“As tired as I am, and I am, and as difficult as it is to keep up what I try to do on the road, like occasionally exercise and try to eat right, it’s tough when the easiest food is pizza, I just believe so strongly in who we are as a nation, so I’m going to do everything I can to make my case and then voters get to decide.”

All this from the former first lady whose demeanor never cracked even as the world learned the most sordid details of her husband’s infidelity with a White House intern.

“Even I wanted to reach out and give her a hug,” said one reporter who has covered former President Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton for many years.

Click here for more Reuters 2008 campaign coverage.

As a conservative democrat and an avowed I won’t vote for Hillary if she is the only candidate, I thought she was just tired and exhausted an got a little emotional. It does not speak ill of her. Do you think Queen Elizabeth never cried or Queen Victoria never got teary? I would cry too if I had to listen to Bill tell me what I was doing wrong. Hey Bill, go “chat up” a reporter!!

Posted by Jeff | Report as abusive

Ms. Wulfhorst,

Here I thought Reuters ran articles from writers with journalistic integrity. My mistake. Reuters has obvioulsy just become the communication tool of the far right.

How dare you write such a nasty, presumptive, and downright wrong article about Hillary Clinton. Moreover, how dare Reuters choose to run such an obviously slanted article?

Why are you not also writing about the failure of George W. Bush to ever have a genuine emotion about the people whom he has so badly harmed while holding his office.

Ms. Wulfhorst, perhaps you are just the kind of woman who one would see in the business world 30 years ago. The kind who never wanted to see another woman achieve something more than she ever could.

I know where you are coming from. Now that I also know where Reuters is really coming from, you can be sure that I will never bother reading any article with your by-line nor will I ever take a Reuters’ news article seriously in the future.

AP, here I come.

Susan Connors
N. Lauderdale, FL

Posted by Susan Connors | Report as abusive

sounds like she’s cracking under the pressure.

Posted by edward allen | Report as abusive

What was Hillary Clinton thinking when she chose to run to begin with?? The USA is NOT ready for a woman Pres. and her husband adds to the miserable suggestion. Quickest way for the dems. to loose is elect her…

Posted by scott | Report as abusive

If you can’t stand the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen!

Posted by Rod | Report as abusive

To read the headline on Yahoo accompanying this blog piece, you’d think Clinton had a meltdown. “Fading in polls, teary-eyed Clinton vows to fight on” Fading? Really? teary-eyed? Ah… methinks the Press is trying to paint her into a corner as being weak. Independent studies have already shown that Senator Clinton gets an inordinate about of negative reporting, and the way this non-story is being breathlessly reported, I’d say it’s true. Journalists should stop acting like high school girls at the “popular” table in the lunchroom, and start reporting like grown women. I watched the clip of this incident. Senator Clinton was full in control, and she was impassioned. If a male candidate had done the same thing (i.e. Bush) he would have been lauded as being passionate or sensitive. I’m happy to see a candidate that is passionate about the Country and the job. Stop trying to turn her into Pat Schroeder or Ed Muskie and report on important things like why we’re the only industrialized nation that does not provide health care, and how the candidates propose to fix that.

Posted by Diana Timmons | Report as abusive

what buch of horsh sh!!! come on man are serious. The wicked witch of the east has too many faces, you got the strong hillary I am so ready on day one, then you got the attack hillary Obama don’t have the experience. Then you got the wife hillary I love Bill Clinton and his interns. Then you got the I’m so tired and weapy eyed Hillary as her voice cracks she says basicaly the same crap, this is a desperate move. And quite frankly if you can’t handle it then how and the heck are you going to be president I don’t think she grasp how complicated and tireing of a job being president is I mean come on we like to show the world that our president is strong because he represents the strongest nation in the world and you are in front of the media telling everyone how sad and tired you are because of some polls that basicaly says nothing come on hillary stop wineing your still looking good in national polls aleast for now. Obama has my Vote! because in the face of doubt he still kept his head up Obama will show the world how strong we will remain.

Posted by freedom_fighter | Report as abusive

I think Hillary is very sincere about wanting to President. I’m voting for her.

In the beginning I was going to vote for John Edwards, but the way he attacked Hillary during the debates turned me off, He’s just sucking up to Obama, because if he don’t get the nomination, Obama may consider making him his running mate, In my opinion, Edwards,is fake and need to run on his own merits, not on obama’s coat-tail. Edwards in my opinion is very mean spirited and have no compassion, he could not truly help people in poverty, because it takes compassion to do that, Edwards lacks this true compassion, He’s just another fast talking lawyer trying to snow the public as well, and a opportuntist.

The main reason young women voting for Obama is because they are lusting after him, not because he has a true plan for America, his fast talking is fooling a lot of people, just like bush did in 2000 and 2004. Doing these times in America,We need someone with experience in the White House, not a person who looks, speak, and sound good. Obama is not ready for this post, I’m a young African American, I’m not going along with the crowd just because he’s young and African American. Obama his to offer me more then fired-up speeches in order to get my vote. I believe Hillary is the one who can bring true change for the better in America.

Posted by Darrell Prunty | Report as abusive

and NO Hillary – we can’t “have a chat”. Save that for the flower club and ladies auxiliary.

Posted by slim | Report as abusive

Susan, are you serious, jeez, give me a break.

That was about as fake as it gets. Reminds me of when the good Park Ridge, IL girl suddenly became a NY senate candidate and a Yankee fan.

Do anything to get elected; even trying to shed off her perceived (rightly) cold exterior with a b.s. heart felt “speech”, I think so.

Sad display of fake emotion by Hill.

Posted by Michael | Report as abusive

I’d never imagine that Senator Clinton would display a momentary vulnerability in public. Perhaps the good senator finally succumbs to a very human fatigue, the strains of slipping poll, enduring countless bad advices from minders, and a diminishing sense of entitlement. She can still win in the big states because she is a fighter.

Posted by Ann | Report as abusive

One moment the entire country is flogging her for not showing any emotion or being “human” enough, and the moment she does show her emotion then everyone is cracking down on her, saying it shows weakness. She is fighting like every other candidate and her having a quavering voice for a few seconds is absolutely no reason to assume that the USA is not ready for a woman president.

Posted by Jennifer | Report as abusive

Its time for Hillary to move over and let the real winner of the presidency come to the head of the democratic ticket.

AL GORE FOR PRESIDENT 2008

Posted by chuck | Report as abusive

Al Gore is the only logical choice and leader of what the future has to hold with experience unprecidented by any choice in the democratic or republican choices. Make all of our voices heard and write in Al Gore as your choice for the democratic ticket.

Posted by chuck | Report as abusive

What is lacking???

Posted by chuck | Report as abusive

If she thinks the pressure of a campaign is tough what does she think the job of president is all about? Really, I think it’s a thinly veiled attempt to make her appear more human with a caring, sensitive side. Her record (not her husband’s) says something entirely different.

Posted by Michael | Report as abusive

So Mrs. Clinton has shown how deeply she is convinced that only her ideas can save America. After claiming 30 years (or is it 35)of being at the fore front of change the country remains in such a precarious state that she finds it imperative to breakdown publicly to tell the voters in a democracy how sorry they will be for not coronating her as the DNC candidate.

It has been said that she smiles and laughs on cue, so with her impending humiliation at the ballot box she breaksdown or gets all choked up that only she has a monopoly of affection for her country.
I cannot say that it was not orchestrated for public consumption and all planted as a photo op, except to say that its timing and opportunism beggers belief!

I look forward to witnessing similar emotion backed with contrition next time the bodies of young soldiers who equally loved their country and were sent to die for it in a far and distant land by politicians who cared so much about their country, they did not bother to read their intelligence brief before voting to send those soldiers to die.

Mrs Clinton chokes up not fo her country but for herself. Her inability to come to terms with the fact that she has spectacularly blown the legacy of the fabled Clinton political machinery. And true to form, she accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the debacle. It is all the fault of those voters who have the audacity to hope for what they believe to be better.

Posted by Ricardo. Chelmsford | Report as abusive

Hillary, you hang in there, this one African American man is with you all the way. Don’t get discouraged and stop fighting, that’s what Obama, and Edwards want you to do. Stay in the race until the end.

I see what Edwards and Obama are trying to do, they have been double teaming you in every debate, what a bunch of cowards, to double team a lady.

Edwards and Obama both lack the experience to successfully do the job, some Americans are taking a real risk in voting for these two people, I guess have experience in various political arenas does not matter anymore to become President, but good looks, and fired-up speeches with no substance does.

And what is the media doing this campaign season? Why arent they doing some fact checking on every candidate to discover and report whether or not they are telling people the truth about there political records and agendas to create change in America. Americans deserves the truth about what they are offering and how they are going to accomplish the various ideas they are proposing in great detail to create long-term change.

I believe that Americans as a whole are going to get duped again into electing someone who does not know what they are doing and possibly make things worse, because we are voting on our emotions and feel good speeches, and not on the political agendas being offered, or the difficult challenges that we are facing that must be resolved now. The media can play a better role in ensuring this does not happen again like it did for the last eight years.

Several things in America needs fixing right now, having someone with many years of experience must be realized abd utilized at this time, we don’t need a future President who requires On The Job Training, because good looks or firey speeches are not going to rehabilitate America, experience and hard work will. Go Hillary!

Posted by Darrell Prunty | Report as abusive

“Words are not actions,” Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton said Saturday night during a Democratic debate in New Hampshire, as she called for a “reality brake” on her rivals’ rhetoric. “As beautifully presented and passionately felt as they are, they are not action.”

“He believes he’s a game-changer, but I don’t believe the game has changed,” said Rep. Tom Cole (Okla.), chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee, dismissing Obama’s transformational pledges as naive. “It’s captivating. It’s intoxicating, but it’s not going to last.”

You would think these politicians would be for change like Obama , and talk the same way , instead of both coming out against Obama , and saying that Washington will never change ………hummmmm. Washington needs real Change , and if these who say it can’t be done maybe don’t want it to change ….hummm, maybe its to their best interest to be polarized rather than bipartisan , so they can keep pulling the tricks they have been …..humm….

Total Public Debt Outstanding; http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/NPGatew ay

01/03/1994 US Treasury Debt under Clinton 4,512,315,337,989.71

12/31/1999 5,776,091,314,225.33
12/29/2000 US Treasury Debt under Bush 5,662,216,013,697.37
12/31/2007 9,229,172,659,218.31
And the Debt dollars stop at the door of the US Consumer , and the Government , which still is relying on the US Consumer , and the Only beneficiaries from all these years are who ,,, WTO Trade partners , Government Officials , and Financial Organizations , that the Fed keeps pumping dollars back into every time Credit defaults loom , go figure ……..Its time for some new Directions , that pack along with it some real Solutions . Go Get em Barack, hes the only one thats neutral , and won’t be bought off by Big Money . And don’t forget to tell everyone that the idea that Corporate Employees could Integrate their Work to their Home , and cut down the Driving on a weekly basis , and cut the gas consumption by 35% – 45 % in 2008-2010 , cut the Emissions , and Improve the quality of Life , and Profit from it to Boot , there is no reason that this would not work , with Secured Server Systems like today , and the Technologies that Corporate America uses today that could be used at Home to accomplish the same things , it would allow more people to stay home more days out of the work week , and cut the road travel down thus reducing Costs even in healthcare just because of the lower stress on Society . Just think what the money saved by the people that are able to practice this type of work function , the overall benefits would create solvent solutions

Posted by Tony | Report as abusive

Yeah, Michael, I am serious.

No, I don’t think any politician is above ‘faking it’ but I don’t think Hillary was doing any such thing. I’ve worked my tail off for weeks for something I cared passionately about and know exactly how she felt.

Because I’ve really checked out the candidates, I think I do actually have a pretty good feel for them.

I’ve seen lots and lots of footage of accounts from numerous people in New York City who say that Clinton was the only politician to step in and help themn long after 911 was in the headlines. Whether it was getting at the truth about the toxicity of the air and starting a monitoring program or tetting the funding to provide medical care for first responders who were deathly ill when every other politician looked the other way.

I’ve also seen or read many first-person accounts from people who credit her with stepping in and saving their lives. These stories don’t make the headlines. One account was from a staunch Republican who said that when he desperatly needed help he called every Republican in Congress to no avail. Then he started calling Democrats. Out of the hundreds of people called, he says, Clinton was the only person in Congress who returned the call and helped him without ever asking what his party affiliation was nor caring what State he was from.

They all said the same thing: She really does care.

The ‘phony’ Hillary is the one that tries to be tough. I’m glad people got to see the ‘real’ Hillary for a change.

So, how about giving her a break?

Posted by Susan Connors | Report as abusive

I’m glad Hillary showed some emotion, because some people was saying she has no emotions and project herself as being very cold, well now she’s being critized for showing this emotion, either ways she goes, she’s being critized, that’s not fair at all, we never know what’s in a person’s heart, only God can judge, to say she was faking is wrong as well, people who make statments like these may have a little cold streak themselves, and having no compassion for people’s feelings, like the old saying “When I down, kick me down further”, that’s the old american way!

Hillary, hold your head up high, and don’t worry about what people say or do, because they truly don’t have no sense of compassion when a person shows emotions or hurt. I believe Hillary is still a strong enough and experienced person to lead this country in the right direction. I believe that everyone should show their human once in a while, it will do us some good in the long-term.

Posted by Darrell Prunty | Report as abusive

Press is playing it both ways: Hillary too strong, where is her human side?
Now Hillary is too weak- how can she show any emotions? Of cause, what ever Barack does – is just great!!! Hip-hip- hooray!!!
People, use your head to choose president. Remember, the primary process is to find the best candidate TO BE ELECTED PRESIDENT, not the most charismatic Democrat to be on the cover of GQ magazine.

Posted by Oregon | Report as abusive

FACT #1: Ms. Clinton tears up because campaigning is hard on her.

FACT #2: Ms. Clinton has never teared up, much less apologized or felt sorry about her vote to support the IRAQ WAR.

She can cry because of her own suffering, but she can’t cry for the suffering of others.

Her emotional priorities are clear…

And there are still those who say she is “experienced” & “competent”???

Posted by Evanel | Report as abusive

America voting for a president named HUSSEIN OBAMA? MY FOOT!

Posted by benilda | Report as abusive

This isn’t England and Hill’s no Maggie Thatcher. To be President of the most Powerful, Influential, Country in the WORLD – indeed you must be a man. Sending folks into harms way is not a job for mothers. I hope she wins the dem. ticket, then they are sure to have wasted their electoral position and the Republicans can retain the White House…

Posted by scott | Report as abusive

Does anyone remember Bob Dole, the man who broke into tears in just about every sentence?

Posted by Ann | Report as abusive

When you are done being distracted by the “emotion” think about what she actually said, ” . . .I don’t want to see us all fall back.”

There are some capable people running this time and to suggest that electing anyone but her is going to lapse us backward strikes me as arrogant.

I am surprised by Jennifer’s comment. People don’t turn away from Hillary because she is a woman or the country is not ready for a woman president. They turn away from her because they do not like her. If anything, there is a hard core constituency that supports her because she is a woman. It’s becoming increasingly clear that she is not attracting much support beyond that first-woman-president club. Sexism has nothing to do with it.

I also like her comment about all the opportunity she has been afforded. Like the opportunity to bill for 27 hours of work in a 24 hour day? Ruthless ambition is not something to be rewarded.

Posted by brooks of sheffield | Report as abusive

Oh PU-LEEZE!
Don’t believe the hype. Here are the facts:
Hillary (even by her own testimony in this video) along with everyone else running with the notion that they are very passionate about what they stand for and want for the country. Taking her at her own word, then the “passion” she feels has apparently existed since she started this campaign, so that is certainly not the basis for these tears. So what is the difference then and now? It’s the “reality check” that she called for during the debates. She got it this morning when the polls came out showing a double digit lead for Obama. THAT is the only difference–not her passion. gimme a break.

Secondly, she has always maintained that it’s a great slate of democratic candidates this year and any of them will turn around the blunders of the bush administration. she also said in her speech after the Iowa caucuses she said she believes that there WILL be a democrat in the white house. That being said, whether it’s her or one of the other democratic candidates in the white house, her statement in this video about us being set back is not in keeping with her stated position about the democratic slate. Does she believe what she said about the great and capable slate of candidates or does she believe that SHE is the only one great and capable. I submit to you that the latter is true, and thus the tears–because she is having to deal with unexpected defeat. period.

I am a compassionate person, but I’m not gullible! This is a woman insisting that SHE is the one who is tough enough to deal with republicans and ready to lead on day one, yet, “day one” hasn’t even come close and she’s crying under pressure.

I think I’m gonna hurl!

Posted by mysistagirl | Report as abusive

Yes yes the US is ready for a woman president, but please NOT THAT ONE, please…………….

Posted by beaumanoir | Report as abusive

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/1  /7/181142/9115/816/432420

“Hillary channels Rudy Hotlist
by kos
Mon Jan 07, 2008 at 06:14:53 PM EST

As you can see in the two posts below this one, the wheels are off the Clinton bandwagon. She faces an epic Obama surge with few options to stem the bleeding. But just when I was feeling sorry for her, she has to morph into Giuliani:

Facing the prospect of defeat in tomorrow’s primary, Hillary Clinton just made her strongest suggestion yet that the next president may face a terrorist attack – and that she would be the best person to handle it.

She pointed out that the day after Gordon Brown took office as the British prime minister, there was a failed attempt at a double bombing in London and Glasgow.

“I don’t think it was by accident that Al Qaeda decided to test the new prime minister,” she said. “They watch our elections as closely as we do, maybe more closely than some of our fellows citizens do…. Let’s not forget you’re hiring a president not just to do what a candidate says during the election, you want a president to be there when the chips are down.”

The scary terrorists will attack us if we don’t elect Hillary! Or something.

An act of desperation for a campaign dead in the water.”

Posted by Duck Soup | Report as abusive

I’m ok with the tears. Whatever. She got emotional. She’s exhausted. That’s fine. But when she went from the tears into the “someone who’s ready from day one” thing… well… then she REALLY lost me. That made the whole thing seem really insincere.

Posted by Guy Incognito | Report as abusive

who cares about Oprah? I guess millions of stupid fat people do. People can’t you think for yourselves??? you need Oprah to tell you how to live your life?
please wake up, exercise, lose some weight and look at how the rest of the civilized world is leaving their lives. America is heading in the wrong direction at the speed of life. people live their lives stuck to their television sets and allow the television and media to dictate their lives.
Oprah is an idiot who forgot how hard it was for a woman to get to the poweer. I have no respect for her anylonger since she turned her back on Hillary. she should have sided with the women. but she is such a typical stupid woman, she sides with the men, typical women. instead of us smart women to unite together and be strong and unite againts the hurt we got from men, we turn against each other and kiss us the guys who hurt us. or maybe Oprah couldn’t stand the fact that there might be a woman out there more powerful than she is. I have no respect for Oprah what’s so ever. she is an big time idiot.
Obama stole all Hillary ideas and now he is turning into amjor jerk. let’snot forget that he put her down on national television many times. I don’t like him and I don;t trust him. Hillary will make one good president, but I guess this country is way behind the rest of the world to allwo a woman to lead. This country is pretty sexist so I am not surprised you will vote for a black guy who is inexperienced rather than vote for a perfectly good experienced candidate who is a woman. Well, I think you guys are making a big mistake for voting for Obama. On the day when you will hav eto vote for your president, the majority of people will vote for the white republican guy, and hence one more time there will be 8 years of long recession and republican, conservative and narrow-minded era.
wake up and smell the coffee and vote for the right candidate who can bring the country back to the glory days of Clinton when the economy was booming and things were good.
and one more thing, so what Bil cheated on Hilary, how many men out there cheat on their wives on daily basis? or how many physically abuse their wives? please wake up to reality. what’s wores cheating on your wive or abusing her phisycally or emotionally??? please there is at least one cas eof abuse in every single relationship in this country. but how do you go on with yourrelationships?? you forgive and learn and go on, because you need each other for different reasons, money, children etc. so think straight before you vote for the wrong candidate just because stupid Oprah said so. Oprah please.. I have no respect for her what’s so ever and I am a smart engineer and very educated and well traveled woman. but I know how this world turns and I hate to see smart women turning against themselves just because of jealousy. shame on Oprah. have no respect for her.

Posted by Manuela | Report as abusive

I am all for changes and progress when they are possible under skilled and adept leadership. I am quite impressed that Senator Obama can whip the crowd and the American media and foreign press into fervors and a sense of euphoria, but I am not at all convinced that he can tackle the mess left behind after GWB given his scant resume. I think Hillary Clinton is a far more viable and skilled national candidate in spite of her baggage and a husband proned to reminisce about his days rather than looking forward. The point is Hillary Clinton is a different person than her husband – she has done some good for the people in NY.

Another point is that both parties Democrats and Republicans are all beholden to Wall Street so when the former Senator Edwards lectured to the public about how he’ll fight for the common people as a multi-millionaire, I’d be more inclined to believe Warren Buffet than Edwards. Every leading candidate has come calling to Wall Street for money and pledges. The local newspapers have managed to cover each of these candidates’ forays into my hometown to ask for monies.

Posted by Ann | Report as abusive

you know she did get emotional, and that’s fine, bill did it all the time. but what really struck me, and brought me back to reality, was the sentences that followed — some are ready, some are not, some know what they’ll do on day one and some don’t. wow, even in that emotional moment, hillary was still able to go on the attack, still able to stay on message — she’s ready and obama is just a dreamer. makes me wonder, really does, how ‘real’ the tears were. in any case, ever since she went negative and started to distort obama’s record and positions, she lost this former supporter.

Posted by John H | Report as abusive

Oh, Hillary, some say your tears aren’t real. God knows the truth, but I cried upon hearing you. I was born the same day as you, yet we are very different and paths unalike, I, too, shed tears for our country. I have often thought of you and this day. See at http://www.myspace.com/nobaq. Click blog. Fear not, however.

I ‘m strong but became weary after waiting so many years with trials. After visiting a church as someone’s guest , a surprise singer I’d never heard of showed up and sang a song God sent just for me, “Stand.” I’m led to send to you a song sent for me at another time though not live – “Mary Don’t You Weep.” Try to hear its end. As I found in 1 John 5:14 and about John 11: 32-44, God had another purpose for what’s going on. You shall also later discover you are loved and important beyond your wildest dreams. Bill too. See http://www.nobaq.com for the rest of the story. That;s NOBAQ. Sorry, I didn’t want to wait to get this hopefully to you; update and editing delay due to illness. Forgive any error, yet – Blessings!

Posted by noba Q | Report as abusive

[…] MSNBC’s Morning Joe, Rudy Giuliani discussed Hillary Clinton’s “emotional moment.” “This is not something I would judge anyone on,” Giuliani said. He then quickly […]

Posted by Think Progress » Giuliani invokes 9/11 when asked about Hillary’s tears. | Report as abusive

It’s getting a bit too weird in here for me, so here is my last comment:

We won’t get the President we need because most American’s don’t have a clue about what is really going on in this country, much less in the world.

If you vote for Obama, great. He’s smart, but what you’re seeing now is not his real personality. He is not even tempered and gets angry when he doesn’t get his way.

If you vote for Hillary, you will get a passionate person who may or may not get the job done, but she won’t do much harm either.

If you vote for Edwards, you’ll get a President who talks the talk

But if you don’t vote for Obama just because you’re a bigot, you’re a jerk. If you don’t vote for Hillary just because you’re a sexist, you’re also a jerk. And if you don’t vote for Edwards just because he’s rich, you’re just jealous.

We get what we deserve which last time got us Bush. I hope we do better this time around.

Posted by Susan Connors | Report as abusive

I really didn’t think it was true, but this country really has turned “anti-woman” slowly, but surely since the Regan era. The largest voting block in the U.S. is “white women”…and yet, bashing women is everyone’s favorite past time…what’s next, repeal of the 22nd amendment? Hillary is far more experienced and not a junior senator like Obama. He’ll get about as much “change” done as Al Sharpton has…get real. Besides, anyone endorsed by “Oprah” is definitely NOT getting my vote Mr. Infotainment!

Posted by Frank | Report as abusive

That was FAKE, FAKE, FAKE!
Yeah, we get it: you’re human.

The shame is, this is what folks have asked for–a fake candidate. She’s got so much going for her, but she has to resort to acting such as this. She could even have better policies/ideas (who knows? it’s all so complex that not even policy experts agree on any issue!) than Obama, but since Obama is much more authentic he’ll get more votes.

Heck of a way to pick a prez…

Posted by WVdoesn’tCOUNT | Report as abusive

How can a person who cracks under the pressure holds a position like US president? Nothing against her. But apparently, her campaign seems to be on the wrong track. One time, in an interview she tried to justify some terrorist organizations. Now this. Does this show an irreversible trend in her campaign?

Posted by bemoan | Report as abusive

Every anti-Clinton comment on this page proves my point. Not one of you hold ANY other candidates (incumbants included) to the same standards. Is this woman bashing or what…c’mon guys, you can’t all be that small…. :)

Posted by Frank | Report as abusive

…hmm…Clinton wins New Hampshire…who gets the last laugh?

Posted by Frank | Report as abusive

It is so obvious that someone in her pack told her she must show her emotional side and forced out some “cackle” I mean crackle in her voice. Very nice touch. I am sure Bill showed her how to do a little acting for the sheeple, I mean people. Whats next, biting her bottom lip? This whole pre-election showboating is already making me sick.

Posted by Jim | Report as abusive

I can’t help but agree, you should check out a similar article on dailycents.com talking about Hillary’s moment, the direct link to the article is http://blogs.dailycents.com/?p=790#comme nt-9127

Posted by Zoe | Report as abusive

As they say,

If at first you Don’t Succeed (Cry, Cry Again)
Dr BLT copyright 2008