Tales from the Trail

McCain’s epiphany: Obama thinks he’s a political messiah

August 1, 2008

Barack Obama’s soaring rhetoric on the campaign trail has given rival John McCain yet another epiphany.

Not only is Democratic presidential candidate the most popular celebrity in the world, not only has he injected race into the election, but he also must think he’s some sort of political messiah.
 rtx8866.jpg
That’s the message the Arizona Republican put in a new video sent to his supporters.

“It shall be known that in 2008 the world will be blessed. They will call him The One,” the announcer intones in a voice of reverential authority.

The text of the one minute, 14 second video strings together phrases and pictures loaded with religious imagery and uses them to ridicule lines from Obama’s high-flying speeches.

“A light will shine down from somewhere. It will light upon you. You will experience an epiphany and you will say to yourself, ‘I have to vote for Barack’,” Obama says.

In case you missed the point, McCain trots out Republican icon Charlton Heston in his role as Moses in the epic movie “The Ten Commandments.”

“Behold His mighty hand,” Heston shouts. And as the actor raises his staff to part the waters of the Red Sea, Obama’s presidential-style seal comes swirling through the waves while a chant of “O-ba-ma! O-ba-ma!” swells in the background.

The video comes at the end of a week in which McCain has turned to negative attacks and ridicule in an effort to blunt Obama’s advantage in the polls for the Nov. 4 election. McCain’s campaign accused Obama of injecting race into the campaign and said he was attention-grabbing celebrity, more popular even than Britney Spears and Paris Hilton.

Obama has fought ridicule with seriousness.

“It’s downright sad that on a day when we learned that 51,000 Americans lost their jobs, a candidate for the presidency is spending all of his time and the powerful platform he has on these sorts of juvenile antics,” said spokesman Hari Sevugan.

“Barack Obama will continue talking about his plan to jump-start our economy by giving working families $1,000 of immediate relief.”

“We were having some fun with our supporters,” McCain told a news conference.

“I don’t think our campaign is negative in the slightest.”

Click here for more Reuters 2008 campaign coverage.

Photo credit: Reuters/Joshua Roberts (Obama on Capitol Hill July 29)

Comments
75 comments so far | RSS Comments RSS

If we cannot see past McCain’s campaign of character asassination and grasp the real danger of continuing the failed policies of the Bush administration, we are all in for some very dark times.
As a man who aspires to be a Christian, I ask how we can continue to sow the seeds of fear, wage brutal war, fill the pockets of the rich while the ranks of the poor swell, authorize and condone torture, stand silent as we allow species to go extinct and our dear earth to be poisoned, and spend the very hope of our children and grandchildren?
Who is it that comes in the name of the Lord and yet sows fear, hatred, violence, arrogance and disdain for the poor?

Posted by Andrew Elliott | Report as abusive

McCain has descended to the level of good-old-boy politicing. Not so many years ago a politician in NC, who shall remain nameless, would travel the rural areas addressing regular folk in little speeches and town meetings. He would tell lots of half-truths about his opponent. He even played on their ignorance. He’d say things like, “Did you know that *** has been seen masticating in public. It’s shameful.” It worked back then and, it may work again with an uninformed and ignorant electorate. Let’s hope for all our sakes that we are a bit more sophisticated and don’t succumb to the newly discovered base pandering of the McCain campaign.

Posted by Geoff | Report as abusive

He brought it all on to himself.

McCain is only putting into ads, saying publicly and in satire, what his supporters, the infatuated MSM, and Himself, have been saying in all seriousness for the past over 18 months. Admit it, it has reached the point of ridiculousness and, in some respects, I think it took a lot of “balls” to put these ads together and put it out there.

Did you see his phoney presidential nominee seal? How about the millions of dollars extra the not so wealthy DNC will spend on his coronation, annointing, or whatever you want to call it when he makes his acceptance speech? Double rent for a facility; double use of energy, ie electricity, EMS standby services for those overcome with fanaticism, and double or more Secret Service, closing airspace, it is disgusting. Somebody would have to be absolutely extraordinary and flawless to deserve that and there is no one out there who is and never will be.

When you take a look at this “phenomenon”, these are the perfect kinds of ads as one cannot deal with this by reason, logic, or any other sensible strategy. It is perfect and, it speaks for many, many out there who have no voice with which to express the same message that is carried in these ads.

Sorry. That’s life on the campaign trail.

Posted by nana | Report as abusive

I read a couple of posts here where people claiming to be Christians claimed that Obama was either anti Christian or believed he is some sort of messiah. I have followed this election more closely than any other during my lifetime. I used to be a great fan of McCain so I am not approaching this from the point of view of some liberal who would vote for anyone that the democrats picked to run. I can not recall any instance where Obama has made even a slightest hint that he is a messiah, or the chosen one, or the savior of America, or anything even resembling that. Obama speaches are often filled with admissions of his fallibility. He is a long time Christian and much to my dismay (since I believe in a strong separation of church and state) he speaks often and very respectibly of his christian beliefs. I don’t have any idea where this idea of Obama’s being the “one” came from. I suppose it was inevitable that McCain’s people would have to try and find some way to blunt theeffect obama’s obvious popularity might have on the election. The comparison of Obama to Spears and Hilton was a good example. It made absolutely no logical sense to compare Obama to Britany Spears of Paris Hilton, but McCain felt that he could some how convince people that since Spears and Hilton are celebrities and Obama is now becomming a celebrity therefor Obama must also be like Spears and Hilton.

As I said, I used to really respect McCain. He seemed to be a cut above many other politicians in his ability to do what was right even if it wasn’t towing the party line. However, now he seems every bit as bad as Bush Rove when they trashed McCain’s reputation in 2000. Maybe the only thing he learned from that experience was that going negative works. Well if the American people let these rediculous negative attacks work one more time we are going to pay a very heavy price in the future. We paid dearly for allowing Rove to scare us into voting for Bush (twice!), are we going to let it happen again.

Posted by captbilly | Report as abusive

Sadly the American culture has become numb to sincere courtesy. I believe this mainly because courtesy has been sorely lacking for the last several decades. The field of candidates has been narrowed down to the most popular but, imo, the least desirable. This speaks volumes about the condition to which our culture has evolved. Our economy, among several critical issues, is in shambles and likely to get worse. Whomever we elect we should be prepared to demand that the next President stand and deliver on behalf of our NEEDS as a nation.

Posted by linda in cincinnati | Report as abusive

I really wish McCain would tell me how he is going to fix this HUGE MESS the Bush Administration has made of this country? Instead he has takin the Republican low road of childish adds. I was a republican until recently and changed to the Independent Party today! I am so sick of same mud slinging politics of the past. All I wanted to know from McCain is how he is going to solve our countries problems and so far all I hear is how he is going to raise Social Secrity tax, then how he isn’t. How he is going to solve all of our energy needs by nuclear power and drilling for oil. I hate to say it but by the time we see a drop of oil or a power plant this country will be bankrupt and its citizens starving!
And these negitive attacks doesn’t help anyone! Even ol’ T Boone Pickens said drilling isn’t going to help and he has been in oil for 50 years. I am not that excited about Obama either but I don’t have much of a choice now because of these childish games the McCain camp has been playing. I really wish at this point I had serious presidential candidate! But it looks like Obama just got another vote!

McCain is plainly suffering from the Mozart-Salieri envy syndrome (bright, talented vs dull, ordinary): it happens in politics frequently. Bertrand Russell said envy was one of the most potent causes of unhappiness. It is a universal and most unfortunate aspect of human nature because not only is the envious person rendered unhappy by his envy, but also wishes to inflict misfortune on others.
The only problem is that McCain does not even level in politics with Salieri’s level in music.

Posted by Al | Report as abusive

McCain and his advisers get attack ad ideas straight from blogs and comment walls. They prey off the fears of people who disclose their innermost fears and prejudices through internet anonymity. Read the youtube comments section of Obama’s videos and watch the attack ads, for example. The ads are definitely not McCain’s “epiphany” about how to attack him.

Barack Obama’s campaign is definitely not about himself. He never uses “I” in his speeches, like “I will solve the problem of our broken health care”. He always talks about “we”, and “us”. It’s important to evaluate the way his campaign is run before leveling any wild accusations that he’s positioned himself as the one savior who will correct all our problems.

And let me tell you, from a volunteer’s point of view, he has built his campaign from the bottom up, and has a very impressive grassroots organization as a result. We, as volunteers, are not going to disband this organization as soon as Obama becomes president. Instead, we are going to continue getting involved in our community, backing legislation in our local governments, and opposing things we see as wrong in our towns and cities. That’s what his campaign is about– it’s not one man’s ambitious battle for the presidency, but a reengagement of normal people in their communities and government, to make things better for themselves, rather than relying solely on elected officials.

I, as a volunteer for his campaign, not a “follower” who “does the messiah’s bidding”, but a normal citizen who will always be skeptical of the things he, and any politician for that matter, says.

All this stuff is nasty, republican attack dog tactics. Disgusting really. Worse yet, because of all of the internet material (things that people would otherwise be too ashamed to say out loud) available to them, they know EXACTLY the fears that are running voters’ minds and exactly how to manipulate them.

Let’s hope the American people don’t fall for this crap again. Elect Obama ’08 America!!!

Posted by Meghna | Report as abusive

Obama is weak. He’s not really a coward – I don’t believe he is spineless… he’s just never had to do anything that really tested his fortitude. If you’ve ever known real adversity, if you’ve ever been in the combat zone (for example) – you can often learn to recognize people who have never had the opportunity to fight for something.

Look in the man’s eyes… he’s soft. Not his fault necessarily – he just never did anything in his life that might give him some real backbone. One of the best president’s from our Party (JFK) was a WAR HERO – and even Clinton had real experience with command as a governor. Obama has NOTHING PEOPLE! NOTHING!!!!

And I honestly can’t believe he is the nominee for our beloved Democratic party. When in God’s name did our once proud party become a haven for people as radical as Obama!? He is no hero to true Democrats. True Democrats believe in real values, real virtues, and REAL morals. Obama has none. After all, it is one thing to SAY (however eloquently) “I care about values, virtue, and morals…” and quite another to have them.

As far as this commercial goes. It IS funny! I’ve watched my party go crazy for a person we know nothing about – and a large number of Obama fans (I refuse to give his crowds the dignity of the title “political supporters”) DO act like he is some sort of savior. This commercial isn’t saying anything we traditional Democrats haven’t been saying for MONTHS now.

I’ve watched our party slide further and further to the left – and it is sickening. I love my country (I am proud to call myself a combat veteran) and I care deeply for the Democratic party for many reasons… and I still consider myself a Democrat – but I will be voting for McCain this go round. I have no interest in lending any support to our nation becoming “The People’s Socialist Republic of the United States of America” under Obama.

Posted by Michael | Report as abusive

This has been enlightening. I have been a republican. But will vote for Obama. I am a Christian and am troubled by Obama’s stand on abortion. For as a woman who had an abortion, I will never forget the ignorance of that decision. I will live with that until I die. Yet rumors are out there that McCain will move to the same place. However, I believe something is at stake which I can not pin point. What has happened to a this country? I don’t watch TV but have learned about Obama the man, by reading his books. They are inspiring. He is a true citizen of the world. He is a black man from a white family. He is a gentleman. How amazing. The fact that he is where he is,in my book, I credit GOD himself. The Messiah will come but it’s not Barack Obama, but the Messiah might be interested in Obama to move HIS cause. People love the man and wouldn’t it be nice to love a leader. Bring him on.

Posted by Judy | Report as abusive

Hey, how come I’m seeing so much more of Barack Obama in John McCain’s ads than Obama’s?

Not only is this squirrelly little blob going down in flames this November, he’s intent on taking what remains of his reputation with him.

Maybe he’ll dump the current wife (like he did the first one) and run off with Britney Spears. He could use an intellectual challenge.

Posted by RG | Report as abusive

“The statement that getting shot down makes you a bad pilot couldn’t be farther from the truth.”
While I agree, McCain was in fact a bad pilot. Prior to getting shot down he crashed three planes. None of these crashes were combat related. In one instance he was flying too low and took out some powerlines.

“What John McCain did on the ground after being shot down is what makes him a hero.”
There are some Vietnam veterans that see him as a traitor for what he did on the ground. He has been accused of collaborating with the enemy, which McCain confirmed to some extent. He admited to providing the Vietnamese with information in exchange for medical treatment. He also admitted that he recieved special treatment as a POW because his father was an admiral. (McCain’s aricle in the U.S. News and World Report from May 14, 1973 gives this information.)

Posted by M | Report as abusive

All I can say is that the country is in a lot of trouble. Our forefathers were truly responsible for country and now we have a couple of clowns. McCain’s a joke, and Obama is so full of himself, while becoming a puppet just like Bush. Truly I’m very very afraid of where this country is going and politics have taken us, at home, and across the world.

Posted by Dale | Report as abusive

Am I the only one who sees this supposed “negative” ad as actually benefitting Obama? I particularly enjoyed the chanting of his name, which clearly exhibits his overwhelming popularity. I also like his words “we are the ones we have been waiting for”. The first time I heard them, I thought “YES!” The words reminded me of JFK’s admonition to “Ask not what your country can do for you …” Enduring words that trumpet the true meaning of democracy. Long live Obama! Long live “The One!” Thank you, John McCain, for illustrating my chosen candidate’s assets. Finally, we have an opportunity to elect a truly charismatic patriot, a constitutional scholar, and most importantly, a true leader to the highest office of our land. I can hardly wait to cast my vote for Barack Hussein Obama!

Posted by jerry | Report as abusive

LATEST HEADLINE
“Obama Signals Support for Wider Offshore Drilling”

Obama was not in front of this proposal proving himself not to be a leader with foresight. I suspect that he is finding that the poll numbers are showing him that he was wrong. While it is nice to see that he is able to shift when he finds out that he is wrong (unlike his inability to agree that the surge worked…Men in uniform would probably like to see him back something that saves lives if we get into another messy war), we need someone who will be able to make the right decision immediately and who will stand up for good ideas even if it goes angainst the crowd. We need a unwavering, unbiased decision maker not a crowd pleaser!

Posted by Don | Report as abusive

Let us not kid ourselves into thinking that any of the recent drilling proposals will make a sustainable difference to our longterm problems. The current clamor about drilling in the Arctic wilderness’ and on off our domestic shores only sidetracks us from concentrating on alternatives to oil. It worries me to think that, similar to the decades after the 1970′s fuel shortage, we will lose interest in advancing the technology that can reduce our dependency on oil.
McCain, as well as Obama, are politicians, thus, to get elected, they will tell us what we want to hear them say.

And on top of that, have you guys seens Obama? He thinks he is too good for America. His wife is the same. McCain served in the military for 22 years. He was a Prisoner of War in Vietnam for 5 and a half years. He has been in political office for 26 years. He has the experience to lead the country. Obama has never served our military. He has only been in political office for 12 years.

Posted by WOW | Report as abusive

McCain has no clue about the economy or anything else for that matter. He is obviously senile often misspeaking about the most simple issues. He is yet to read Adam Smith – which he should have done when he was in college. Also, he wont find the answers to today’s economic problems in that book.

His presidency will be the biggest disaster!

Posted by rr | Report as abusive

While a president has very little decision making when it comes to the economy, I am wondering what credentials obama brings to the presidency to claim he can fix the economy. McCain has admitted he knows very little. That seems fine, as there are many other economic policy-making entities that have much more clout than the president…
But to claim you have credentials in spite of the obvious inability to affect the economic policy in Washington seems intriguing. Someone with as much power as Obama has shown he can drum up may be able to affect policy. It would be very interesting and perhaps, a bit overstepping of presidential duties(but our federal government has increasingly leaned this way lately).
So to my question; What makes Obama qualified to make economic policy? What business role has he held? Has he ever had a leadership position that would yeild some economic knowledge to display a sound economic judgement? Does he invest in the stock market? Does he have friends who run companies and their knowledge of the game has been passed on to him in sermons ? What knowledge has made him the presidential nominee with a monopoly on economic policy?
Know it seems to me the best argument for saying Barak knows the economy is that he has to know it better than McCain who said he knows very little. But if this is really a null and void point do to the fact that the president has nothing but the authority and power to suggest to the congress what should be done, it seems unlikely that either candidates knowledge of the economy, the self-proclaimed economic-dummy or the media touted economic-junkie with no real knowledge, is enough to help the obviously unwilling and inept Congress.

Now as for the war, the second biggest issue for most of you out there…McCain has been given by default, the monopoly on this sector simply due to the obvious lacking of any knowledge by Barack on this subject. McCain’s war years are supposed to have given him a look into how the military runs, and his frequent visits to see troops domestically and abroad has given him a fairly sound look into the modern military. Barack has just recently toured parts of the world where peace is present and parts where there has been war for thousands of years. He chairs a committee on Afghanistan which would have allowed for some insight into the working of the war, but having only showed up to one of the three mettings leaves him a bit out of touch in the sector. His trip was a whirlwind trip meant to aquaint himself with the world and make publicity domestically. It worked both ways. but the problem still remains; he is lacking in foreign affairs. Great at foreign relations, but lacking on the war. You can give him credit for being against the war and thus sticking to his guns and staying clear of becoming acquainted with it;however, it is difficult to think that just disagreeing with something makes it disappear. You could compare it to the Phil Gramm gaff where he said Americans are just a bunch of whiners. Not wanting there to be a recession hardly makes it so. Though I believe it is not a recession but merely a modest slowing that has left those living at an accelerated pace very unprepared to face their ever-mounting credit card bills and ballooning mortgages for homes they did not need. And there are several million legitimate failures out there where the truly poor were trying to make a life and got screwed over. but without the middle class speculators, they would never have suffered…the economy would just have overlooked their readjusting mortgages and subsequent foreclosures. Large scale foreclosure and subsequent economic slowing is in the hands of congress, the banks, and the citizens who speculated on homes or got into mortgages and homes they shouldn’t have gotten in to. So yes, Phil Gramm was right about americans, liberals and conservatives. He was talking about the ones that got us into this mess and still don’t see what they did wrong. the ones who have no financial compass. He knew what he was saying and he knew it would be controversial. The truth hurts. Though gas prices weren’t and aren’t imaginary, rising food prices and cost of living aren’t imaginary, it is the whiners who got us in this mess and are now whining for someone to help them out of the mess. Sadly, this is many americans now-a-days. If it isn’t you, you know it and that is all that matters. If you get mad when you here americans are whiners, then you are probably one of those whiners.

Anyways, back to credentials…Neither is truly qualified for what they yout, though McCain is quite knowledgable on the war. War policy relies more on what you want out of a war than what you know. It is what you know and have to draw on about how the war is currently going and what has worked in the past that decides whether or not those policies are positive or negative. Having something to base decisions on is required and in both the economy and the war, Barack has nothing. Hate the policy or agree with it, Mccain atleast has some knowledge to back his decisions, no matter how wrong those decisions may be. I prefer more of the same versus blind change. The economy will come around, McCain will pull out troops, however slowly, and new programs to redistribute wealth will have been thwarted. Though Obama may be a great president, his lack of knowledge on any of the solutions he puts forth is far scarier than anything McCain has put forth. McCain has been the only republican in favor of some level of environmental awareness for several years now, opposed many Bush war policies when other republicans were blindly following, and supported Bush on the Surge when he agreed with the policy. His knowledge has guided him well over the last decade. Though I disagree with many of his policies, he has knowledge to back them up and does what he feels that knowledge points to. Obama has pledged continuously to put forth many policies that I agree and diagree with. None of these policies are based on any knowledge that he has gained. The man, though hardly directly comparable to Britney Spears or Paris Hilton, is truly lacking in substance to back up his statements much as they lack substance altogether. His written speeches are filled with Rhetoric that hardly leaves his self-importance in question. He is quite arrogant though equally charismatic and stragely gentlemanlly.

McCain risked very little in putting out these ads. This election has been and will be, to quote the media, “a referendum on Obama”. Obama will win this race or lose this race. McCain can only deal with the results. The American populace’s view of Obama will be reflected in the election results. It will be obama winning or obama losing, not Mccain winning or losing. Whether race, shear lack of experience, his ability to overtake Hillary, or some other underlying factor, the media has taken quite an interest in Barack and made this all about him. McCain can only do the same. He can hardly ignore Barack’s ascension to rock-star status. He has turned that status around, however seemingly distasteful the ad amy be. I think it is clever and hilarious, though absolutely ineffective in changing swing voters minds. It is more of a ploy to make the media talk about his rock star status and question his true credentials. His ideas are grand but his means are lacking. Anyone can dream…having something to make those dreams happen is the tough part.
I think I covered almost everything I meant to….if I pissed you off, let me know. Could mean I have you to blame, along with Congress and banks and credit card companies, for my expensive gas and food…though I love this stunt in suburb growth. Makes buying a ranch alot cheaper and keeps you damn city people the hells away from my lovely quaint rural town. Bring on 10 dollar a gallon gas and a 20 year long recession. I ahve a garden and a few guns and skills to suffice getting me through hard times and being able to offer expertise in necessary fields that you city people have long neglected. Oh, it is us farmers and craftsmen that will save the lot of you city folk from falling off the planet. We feed you, cloth you,provide you with beer and liquor and provide you with shelter through our lumber production, cotton and crops, and barely and hops. We would love to see a nice long recession…force you all into the inner city since you can’t afford your hour commute anymore and then watch you die off slowly from disease and famine. Morbid huh….but perhaps then, our infrastructure could actually support the falling population. Maybe then we would learn from our mistakes and not waste. The great depression had just that affect. We should see about getting another one of those.

Posted by karlthomas | Report as abusive

I like this whole “experience” argument against Obama. I mean, yeah, we should definitely weigh experience more. When Bush won the white house he brought in some really experienced guys with him: Rumsfeld, Cheney, and Powell. One of those three didn’t agree much with the others so he was replaced. The experiences of Rumsfeld and Cheney led to some great decisions, right?

I’ll take good judgment over “experience” any day. So far in this race all I’ve seen McCain do is play by the Republican handbook to play to his base and to the fears of the rest. With 30 years in public office this is what McCain has to offer? Three cheers to “experience!”

Posted by Kestro23 | Report as abusive

McCain is showing his “experience” by attacking Obama on the silliest of points. A page right out of Rove’s republican attack handbook. How sad to see an old man losing his mind.

Vote Obama, vote for freedom, vote for America!

Posted by BushGuiltyAsSin | Report as abusive

I watched the video clip, and my immediate response was “scary”. These were all Obama’s words. I have to shake my head in disbelief as I read the posts from all you Obama supporters. What if this video clip was produced by a person you respected? Would you still be blind to the scary truths about Obama’s character?

For me this election is about the lesser of two evils. I don’t like our options, but, again, my response to Obama’s own words is “scary”.

Posted by Jeff | Report as abusive

I am a born again christian. I have to admit that in the last 3 or 4 elections we were voting for what was scraped out of the bottom of the barrell. Now the offering is what has been scraped off the underside of the barrell, that slime that a cockroach would not even go near. I think we should all just write in the Name of Colen Powell for president and get someone who would make a good PRESIDENT for the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
GOD bless this country and save us from obama and mccain

“Posted by M”

“McCain was in fact a bad pilot. Prior to getting shot down he crashed three planes. None of these crashes were combat related. In one instance he was flying too low and took out some powerlines.”

Luckily, a pilot’s license or skill as a pilot has nothing to do with being President of the United States.

“There are some Vietnam veterans that see him as a traitor for what he did on the ground.”

There are some that may think that, but what does the majority think? There are some that think Elvis is still alive too I bet.

“He has been accused of collaborating with the enemy, which McCain confirmed to some extent. He admited to providing the Vietnamese with information in exchange for medical treatment.”

Actually the article stated he offered to give them military information, not that he did give it to them. It’s possible that he would have given them disinformation in exchange. Who knows what information he would have given them since the article states that they did not take him to the hospital in exchange for military information but because he was an Admirals son.

“He also admitted that he recieved special treatment as a POW because his father was an admiral. (McCain’s aricle in the U.S. News and World Report from May 14, 1973 gives this information.)”

You’re right. They patched him up because of it (as stated in the article). This makes since, he is worth more alive then dead. What other special treatment did he receive because of his father’s status other than solitary confinement and regular beatings?

Posted by Leeballz | Report as abusive

Wow! I think one can be fooled by this ad if you don’t critically think about the context of “when” and “where” Barack Obama said these quotes. A lot of sound bites can be taken out of the larger context, placed within the ad, and made to look much different than the original message. You have to consider that. I think McCain and his staff are emphasizing negative attacks on Obama instead of bolstering their own message. It makes me wonder if they have a message at all. And, furthermore, their attacks are not clear and forthright. In the ad, the commentator says, “He may be the one.” “But can he lead?” And, my response is, “Well, you just blatantly called Obama the one. So, that means you are admitting that he is very impressive.” Strange. On another point, have you noticed that a lot of McCain supporters are old, white, fat, and wealthy? Just wondering why that is. :)

Posted by dowens | Report as abusive