Tales from the Trail

Obama ad challenges McCain’s honor

September 15, 2008

WASHINGTON – Barack Obama is using a scathing new attack ad to challenge the fundamental perception that John McCain – former Navy aviator and prisoner of war — is honorable.
rtr21ul1.jpg
It was bound to happen. The McCain camp has been doing the same thing to Obama for weeks, trying to turn public perceptions about his strengths into weaknesses using attack ads and ridicule.

McCain went after Obama’s popularity and his strength as an orator. His campaign even tried to defuse the race issue by accusing Obama — who would be the first black U.S. president if elected — of racism.

So it was inevitable the Obama camp would eventually strike back — and it did after McCain was roundly criticized in the press for an ad that falsely accused the Illinois Democrat of favoring sex education for kindergarten children.

“What’s happened to John McCain? He’s running the sleaziest ads ever. Truly vile,” the narrator of the ad entitled “Honor” says as quotes pulled from newspaper columns scroll over an ever-shrinking photo of the Arizona senator.

“Dishonest smears that he repeats even after its been exposed as a lie. Truth be damned. Disgraceful, dishonorable campaign. After voting with Bush 90 percent of the time proposing the same disastrous economic policies, it seems that deception is all he has left,” it says.

McCain often speaks of duty, honor, country, sacrifice and has cultivated the image of being a man of honor.

The ad takes aim at that perception, asking if McCain is honorable, why is he running this kind of campaign.

Click here for more Reuters 2008 campaign coverage.

Photo credit: Reuters/Neal Hamberg (Obama speaks in New Hampshire Sept. 13)

Comments
139 comments so far | RSS Comments RSS

Obamabots – get over it. Obama is nothing but another snake in the grass lawyer as well as his running mate. Let’s not forget the lies that Bill Clinton told during his eight years of trying to be a president (he was a lawyer too.)

Posted by rsimms | Report as abusive

Obama is going to win. McSame and his Paris Hilton are on their way out. McSame showed what he was made of when he came home and treated his first wife who stood by him while he was in a POW camp with a 9 month affair into her marriage to him. Says a lot about a man.
I am a registered Republican and I won’t have anything to do with him.

Posted by Helen | Report as abusive

Careful Obama, attacking a veterans’ honor could easily backfire. If Obama had participated in the town hall meetings suggested by McCain, then Obama would be using the past month constructively to explain the details of his plans for America. Instead, he’s back in the mud of politics.

Posted by Jack | Report as abusive

PS Sarah Palin is not running for president. McCain is. And she thinks she is running for Mrs America….not a very smart person here just very driven by power like McCain.

Posted by Helen | Report as abusive

B.O. calling McCain “sleazy” — yeah right. I’ll believe that when somebody tells me B.O. had nothing to do with Alinsky, Ayres, Rezko and Wright. “Sleazy” doesn’t begin to describe the Chicago politics he practices to this day.

Posted by Scott | Report as abusive

Wow, finally a good ad from the Obama camp. I was really tired of the generic ads that had no bite. Obama ads never directly pointed out the McCain lies. I hope this is part of a permanent change in strategy.

Posted by T-Bone | Report as abusive

JOHN MCCAIN IS A HERO, AND I BELEIVE HE WANTS TO UNITE AMERICA DEMOCRAT, REPUBLICAN, INDEPENDANT. OBAMA JUST WANTS WHAT HIS PARTY WANTS: MORE TAXES FOR A HURTING ECONOMY, GUN CONTROL, ONE-SIDED ENVIROMENTAL ISSUES AND I COULD GO ON AND ON BUT I’M SURE HE WILL DO THAT FOR ME.

IF WE ARE ALL SO CONCERNED ABOUT ALTERNATIVE ENERGY WHY DON’T WE AS THE PEOPLE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
SO DON’T COMPLAIN ABOUT ENVIROMENT AND ENERGY UNLESS YOUR DOING YOUR PART!

WHY HASN’T ANYONE MENTIONED ANYTHING ABOUT THE WORLDS WATER CRISIS, OH YAH WE’LL WAIT UNTIL WERE ALMOST OUT TO START WORRYING ABOUT THAT.

Posted by Andy | Report as abusive

Go Obama go! Perfect timing for this ad! With most of the media, all the nonpartisan fact checking organizations, many political analysts, several Republicans and even Karl Rove saying that McCain is running a sleazy campaign, it is THE PERFECT time to question McCain’s honor. The man has no honor any more, he has sold his soul to the devil to win this campaign.

Posted by Amie | Report as abusive

I just wish both sides would stop slamming each other and bloggers included. Why can’t these campaigns just stick to the issues. I think our campaign process should be shortened to 30 days…Save dollars and perhaps stop wasting time slinging mud at each other. The amount of money spent on campaigns is staggering. Think of how all that money could be put to good use to help people in need

Posted by Ejay | Report as abusive

The campaign has quickly went into the toilet and noone can say they have taken a high road. The pig thing was rediculous, and this is really below the belt. I’ve lost quite a lot of respect for Obama, as he is not showing that he is a different.
We are facing many challeges in our country and we need government officials that are looking out for us. McCain has a record of voting against special interest, in fact he voted against special interest 100% of the time last year. Obama voted with special interest 90% of the time last year, Biden voted with special interest 100% of the time. I’m thinking that McCain – Palin is going to be looking out for me. You all need to be looking at voting records and what each candidate stands for…..or you may be surprised to find who Obama is going to be looking out for in January!

Posted by Jane | Report as abusive

George W McCain and his air brained vice president will lead this country to destruction. The GOP machine are a bunch of privledged, pompous liars who care nothing for the average american.
If you cast a vote for them, you can kiss your butt goodbye.

Wow! It’s amazing how many, probably normal, decent people have been drinking the Kool-Aid that Obama is serving

Posted by tw | Report as abusive

Mccain is no hero, he’s an old man living in yesterday. He’s a direct threat to our country’s future. What a sleazey campaign he’s run. But that’s what you get from someone who’s graduated at the bottom of the class, filthy rich, and votes against the poor, decade after decade.
A true american scumbag.

McCain has received his due recognition for his military service. We owe him nothing more. He has consciously decided to make public the fact that he’s not really so honorable after all. So don’t blame Obama or the dems for merely stating the facts as McCain has created them. He has brought it on himself. Old McCain: honorable, straight talker. New McCain: dishonest, dishonorable liar.

Posted by SorryMcCainYouDon'tFoolUsAnymore | Report as abusive

I just watched a half hour inspirational talk by Senator Biden at St. Clair Shores, Michigan, Mr. & Mrs. Middle & Working Class American Reader.

The focus of Mr. Biden’s remarks was on you…and what America would be like for you had many of Senator McCain’s floor votes over the past 20 years been in the majority (instead of the minority) on many of the bills that ultimately benefitted you. The point Mr. Biden was making during his stop in Michigan is that Mr. McCain is not on the side of 95% of Americans, but rather on the side of the 4% of the privileged class and the 1% of the super privileged class…on the side of greed…on the side of power…on the side of John and Cindy McCain, and not on the side of you Mr. & Mrs. Middle & Working Class American Reader.

I find Mr. McCain’s recent ads against Mr. Obama dishonorable and comparable to dirt.

I find Mrs. Palin’s recent remarks against Mr. Obama those of a politician with a poor education who believes in the Second Amendment, but who uses whichever clause of the First Amendment that suits her purposes…and violates whichever clause of the First Amendment that suits her purposes. She is using her looks and Mr. McCain to move into the halls of power & wealth. Mr. McCain is using her looks to keep himself in the halls of power & wealth. Most of all it is the power that both covet. Mr. McCain already has his wealth. Mrs. Palin would like to have some of that too.

I find Mr. and Mrs. McCain out of touch with Mr. & Mrs. Middle & Working Class American…because of their wealth. They are somewhere between the top of the privileged class and the bottom of the super privileged class…somewhere near the top of the most wealthy 5% of Americans.

I find Mr. and Mrs. Palin out of touch with Mr. & Mrs. Middle & Working Class American…because of their naïveté concerning diversity. They live in a mostly segregated society, where tax breaks for oil and natural gas giants are transferred to a few hundred thousand Alaska residents.

Basically, I find Mrs. Palin and Mr. McCain untruthful…and when taken to task on their old lies, simply bluff their way on to another subject (or some new lie).

OK Jack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccgh4rp3d cc

John McCain, once known for his honesty and integrity, has done an about face and surrendered his values by employing the same tactics and people that he once opposed. Americans are starting to realize that he would rather lose his integrity than lose an election. How far he has fallen.

Some of you people are rich or clueless. What does it take for some to use a little reasoning and common sense.

The economy is the worse it’s been in 8 years (I’m not sure how you can dispute this FACT). All you have to do is look at the state of the country before the Republicans took over Washington in 2000. Close your eyes and think back 8 years ago…now open your eyes and turn on the news. It pretty much speaks for itself. We can not endure another 4 years of Bush and his boys running the country.

Posted by Middle-class American | Report as abusive

Well well well. Although I’m young, I’ve been fully aware of this political race, and boy am I scared of the outcome. John McCain and Sarah Palin are not only the GOOD choice, in my eyes, they are the only choice that our country has. Our economic troubles are only going to get worse if Obama takes the office, besides, has anyone looked at his resume? I don’t know about you, but I’m pretty sure that with my 8th grade education, I’d be able to “organize a community”…I may only be 13, but I’ll e watching with just as much, if not more anticipation as many adults across our country. You may forget, this country will soon be in MY hands. MY generation will be responsible for YOUR mistakes. You may forget, but trust me, as God as my witness and as sure as Republican blood runs through me, I will NOT forget. So vote for Obama, who needs experience to run this country. Vote for him and thanks. Thanks so much for leaving me responsible for the consequences he’s leadership will bring. I won’t forget.

Posted by Alice | Report as abusive

Alice, I am glad to see that you are involved and care about this country so much. It is really great. But, let me suggest that instead of getting cuaght up in the Republican/Democrat emotion that you study as much as you can. If you support McCain that is fine, but at least try and look beyond the rhetoric and examine the positions.

For example, one of the reasons we are in this mortgage crisis is because of Sen. Phil Gramm, a good friend of John McCain and someone that McCain has said he would seek advice on the economy from. Sen Gramm is responsible for the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act that basically loosened regulations that allowed this whole thing to happen. Also, Sen McCain has shown a pattern of dishonesty. I am sure your parents and minister have taught you about telling lies. Also, while Obama is indeed less experienced than Sen. McCain he has spent the past 8 years learning what he knows about becoming President building his relationships and network that every President and Vice President need to be effective Presidents. When Se. McCain selected Sarah Palin, he picked someone who’s relationships and network stopped at Alaska. Her only big ally in Washington DC was Sen. Ted Stevens who more than likely is going to jail soon for corruption. Last but not least Sen. McCain has endorsed President Bush and his economic plans for the past 8 years and it has led us to the state we are in. When you were born and Clinton was President The US budget was close to balanced, when Clinton left office there was a surplus. Now we have a record deficit. This is the money you are talking about that you will be paying for the rest of your life. The war in Iraq will cost you and your friends $1,000,000,000,000 at the very least. Bush borrowed that money from China who we are paying interest. It will be your dollars going to China. Speaking of which it is Bush and the Republicans who has given US companies subsides to ship jobs overseas to China.

Again Alice, it is wonderful to see that you care about the future of this country and your future as a citizen.

Posted by richard | Report as abusive

Thie is the most effective ad yet.It should really resonate with voters. Wouldn’t it be nice to see the same tone taken with Palin? the bridge, earmarks, even the “fired” chef. if she’s willing to stretch the truth this far just for applause, what lies would she tell you, if elected? Policy might be too complex for some voters, but everybody can spot a liar. Would also love to see some straight talk, Obama style, about what McCain’s taxing health insurance would mean to working people. That would scare the crap out of people.

Posted by terry | Report as abusive

No gutter. Just the facts. I respect this.

Posted by terry | Report as abusive

As a first time voter I am amazed at the immense amount of propaganda being slung by the media on both sides, with the economy in the state that it is in and the strained relationships we now have with other countries we have a duty to everyone in the world to show that we are choosing our candidates by their intelligence and innovation and forward thinking. The only thing i want to hear are actual concete ideas for how to make this country better, so far Obama seems to be delivering SOME ideas but McCain’s ecnomic solutions amount to drilling and tax cuts???? Were in a much bigger hole than that people and we need some new ideas. I think the Media needs to start making this election about solutions instead of controversy and americans need to start thinking internationally, there are serious downsides of carrying on with international policy as we have been these past 8 years.

Posted by first time voter | Report as abusive

I’m a 64 yr old Navy vet (3-61 to 3-65) who has sadly watched John McCain drop honor, truth, & ethics on the side of the road in his desperate quest for the White House. As far as “country first” goes, he ditched that one the minute he picked Palin as his V.P.
Nothing left but an empty suit.

Posted by stbdtac | Report as abusive

after 5 despicable smear ads from the mccain campaign, I swear, if obama didn\’t do anything about it, I would have dropped my vote for him. I liked this ad. it wasn\’t a smear ad, but more of a \’enough!\’ ad. that sex ed ad was the last straw. what was mccain trying to insinuate? that one made me sick to my stomache. I\’ve never seen this man lie sooooo much! what happened to him??? where\’s that maverick of 2000? and when the king of sleaze (karl rove) says you\’ve gone a bit too far. oh my goodness, there are no words to how low this man will go. and his little sidekick has no shame in her game either. I have yet to see a speech or interview that she has not thrown out a lie or distortion. helloooo…..it\’s called factcheck. takes only a few minutes. and now his campaign acknowledges it and say they don\’t care. whatever it takes to win. okayyyy….because country first, right? so sad. your own people said today that they felt you sold your soul to the devil for the whitehouse. shameful. you and palin have lost ALL credibility. I dont\’ even know why you did this to yourself. don\’t you have, like, a thousand reasons why obama should not be president? couldn\’t you use those reasons, if they are, in fact, true? so when we\’re smart enough to check your accusations, they would be facts. and then nobody can call you a liar.

oh, and alice, I feel your pain. I said the same thing to my folks and they voted for bush. I still haven\’t forgotten.

Posted by mik | Report as abusive

wow “Alice”, you do realize you are talking about re-electing the same party that has been in power for 8 years. Sadly most of your life. What a crappy world to grow up in. You have my deepest sympathies.

The thing about politics is, ignore all this personal mud-slinging bullshit and focus on the policies. Parties push policies. The Republican party has been pushing their policy for the last 8 years, this will not change with a new head of the party.

Policies intended to make life better for youngsters like yourself should be focused on sustainability, quality of life for middle income families (unless you are rich?), education, and keeping you out of wars. Does that sound like the Republicans?

Posted by Jeff | Report as abusive

I love the fact that the Republicans are pushing the line that John McCain (republican) is going to take down the establishment (republican).

There is a logical fallacy here. If all these Republicans are supposedly voting for McCain based on the fact that he is a maverick and is going to change Washington, does this mean that these Republicans didn’t like the Bush years? If so why did they vote for him twice? Or is it that they want the status quo to continue and in which case they all know the ‘change’ platform is BS to pull in undecideds.

Posted by Jeff | Report as abusive

you’re kidding me if you think obama is just now running attack ads. both obama and mccain have been running bad ads all summer. Reuters, please get with the program!

Posted by matt | Report as abusive

I also love the fact that the media and all you ignorant (okay not all of you) obama disciples think that mccain hasn\’t mentioned where he stands on issues in the usa. please let me do the research for you, while you all claim that republicans don\’t research and vote for the “most likable person.”

http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issu es/17671aa4-2fe8-4008-859f-0ef1468e96f4. htm

please keep telling me that all mccain wants to do is drill for oil. it really makes my morning better when someone can make me laugh

Posted by matt | Report as abusive

Richard, Jeff et al

“Alice” doesn’t live here anymore, i.e., “she” isn’t real.

Sorry to break the news to you.

Posted by Ariel | Report as abusive

It stuns me that every election, a bunch of politicians run for political office promising change and reform. We never really get it, so you have to ask yourself, how can so many people get away with the same lie for so long? It’s because all of you ninnies out there keep voting for them, so what incentive would they have to tell the truth?

This November, I’ll be at Walmart voting for more rice to store in the basement, next to the bullets.

Posted by russ in PA | Report as abusive

Whatever McCain used to be he has obviously sold his soul to the devils who are ruining the U. S. economy. Do you obtuse people truly believe that it is a coincidence that, at the desperate edge of this illegal regime, we are paying insane gas prices under the “Oil President?” Despite having stolen the oil from the world’s 2nd oil producing nation for the last 6 years?

It must be a further coincidence that those 2% who hold 50% of the wealth and hide behind corporations, neither paying near their share of taxes, have deregulated the protections placed to protect the general public (read hoi polloi) to the point where they could scam billions, run away with the money and leave the tax paying middle/working class to pay for the aftermath of their scam.

If you have allowed your children and fellow citizens to be dumbed down (and drugged by the all powerful Pharm Corps) to the point where you can no longer reason, and your attention spans are the length of lightening bolts, at least ask 2 questions
(1) Why am I paying more for oil under the oil president?
(2) Where’s Bin Laden?

Even the much maligned Jimmy Carter would have held Bin Laden’s head aloft years ago.

Posted by Richard | Report as abusive

What upsets me the most is how the McCain ads worked. I can’t believe how stupid the people of this country are. The Anti-Intelectual, Anti-Science, Anti-Choice, Pro Ignorance, Pro-Fetus side of this country has won. They have made being of independent thought into being a vile minority. This was the greatest generation greatest attribute. Independent Thought. Now most of americans are weak minded sheep.pathetic.

Posted by Mike B. | Report as abusive

I’m not voting for Obama because he’s black. Period.

Posted by changedman | Report as abusive

has anybody noticed that “obabble” and “Obiden” talk talk 90% of the time about JOHN MCCAIN ..wow all they do is talk about him..I ask DO YOU REALLY THINK THIS MAN HAS “GOOD JUDGEMENT”ON THE WAR,IRAN,RUSSIA,PAKISTAN, AFGANISTAN,OSAMA BIN LADEN, JOBS,GUN TOTEN RELIGIOUS PPL,PORK BARREL SPENDERS,DRILLING, ECONOMY,SCHOOLS,DISASTERS,ETC…HE SOUNDS LIKE HE ROLLS WITH THE FLOW…..THERE IS NO WAY THAT THESE TWO GOSSIPERS AND BACK STABBERS CAN MAKE A GOOD JUDGEMENT.AND “HE LOOKS LIKE A MONKEY SEE MONKEY DO” IF YOUVE DONE IT HES DONE IT BETTER.AND JOHN MCCAIN HAS DONE IT LIKE BUSH??AND HE ASKED IF WE(THE AMERICAN PPL) ARE STUPID??NO WE ARE NOT!!!!HE CAN ONLY, NOT BABBLE, IF HE READS A TELEPROMPTER..LOL..THATS BECAUSE ALL HE CAN DO IS TO GOSSIP AND BACK STAB MCCAIN. TRYING TO DISCREDIT THIS MAN WOULD BE LIKE THROWING THE POPE HEADLONG INTO A CROSS. OBAMA DOESNT HAVE AN OUNCE OF HONOR IN HIS WHOLE BODY….HES A “”SLICK TALKIN COPYCAT” MAKE NO DOUBT HE IS IN IT FOR HIMSELF…..AND THE “ONLY” WAY HE CAN WIN (AND I THINK THERE IS NO SUBSTANCE FOR HIM TO WIN)IS IF HE CAN CONVINCE PPL JOHN MCCAIN IS JUST LIKE BUSH…THE ONLY WAY… IF YOU CANT SEE THAT. THAT SIMPLE IS NOT TRUE. MAYBE OBAMA CAN SEND REV WRIGHT, BILL AYERS, AND HIS HIS SLUMLORD HOUSE REP. TO IRAN,RUSSIA,PAKISTAN AND TALK TO THEM FOR HIM ON THE FRONT LINE. LOL …CHANGE IS RIGHT SLOGAN FOR HIM.. I CHANGE MY MIND IF YOU DO…I CHANGE MY RETORICK IF YOU PICK SARAH PALIN (AND TALK ABOUT HER FOR 2 WEEKS0….IM SORRY, OBAMA A WEAK PERSON. AND HIS PICK OF OBIDEN IS ALL THE PROOF ANYONE SHOULD NEED. HE THOUGHT HE WAS FILLING IN THE GAP FOR HIS VERY STRONG WEAKNESS . WHICH AGAIN PROOVES WEAKNESS IN HIS JUDGEMENT. AND WHAT ABOUT THE TERRORISTS ATTACKS ..AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW MANY OF OUR SPECTACULAR MILITARY TROOPS REALLY WANTS OBAMA AS THEIR COMMANDER AND CHIEF..I KNOW I WOULDNT AND IM NOT MILITARY I JUST KNOW THAT HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR OUR MILITARY TROOPS AND ALL THE ONES BEFORE THEM “WE WOULD NOT HAVE FREEDOM OURSELVES!!!!AND IT IS STILL BEING THREATENED TODAY SO IT IS VITAL THAT THE COMMANDER IN CHEIF IS IN THE TANK FOR OUR MILITARY..THEIR AND OUR LIVES DEPEND ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MY GOD DOES HE NOT HAVE A BACK UP PLAN BESIDES “4 MORE YEARS “WHEN HE FAILS TO MENTION THAT THE DEMS HAD CONTROL FOR THE PAST 2 YRS…WOW IMAGINE THAT DISTORTING THE TRUTH IS THE SAME THING AS LYING AND DISHONESTY WHICH IS NEVER MENTIONED…. AMAZING..I CANT STAND 4 MIN OF HIS MOUTH!!!ITS PATHETIC…HES ALL TALK AND NO ACTION!!!!!ID RATHER HAVE PALINS HUSBAND FOR PRESIDENT HE SEEMS LIKE A FAIR AND BALANCED GUY…ONE THE “FEMS HATE” IMAGINE THAT….AMERICA IS OFF TRACK ALL THE WAY AROUND…”GOD ‘HELP’ AMERICA!!

Posted by jennifer | Report as abusive

from the beginning when Obama run for president and vice president McCain run for president, I already chose to vote Obama.

the Lord bless Obama…go Obama. God speed.

Posted by thought2 | Report as abusive

Sen. McCain has done a sad about-face on nearly all the great issues of the day. He’s not only bought into the radical right/neocons’ line, but he’s signed off on Sarah Palin being tutored politically by the same folks who engineered the Iraq debacle. Bill Cristol was her biggest booster, and now this “blank slate” (their words) is being prepped by the crowd who gave us mushroom clouds and fantasy WMDs, pre-emptive war, Abu Ghraib, rendition, and on and on. Bush, in other words.

Palin is an eager, ambitous novice, and they’re filling her head with neocon rot, using her to further their familiar failed philosophy, one that has caused such misery in the world. John McCain is clearly okay with that. Says volumes about how much the man has changed and what kind of leader he would be. I’m guessing he avoids mirrors as much as possible these days.

Posted by dmw | Report as abusive

I think it is utter nonsense to say that Obama is all talk and no substance. Really, are the candidates supposed to take charge of the country before they are voted for? Funny, I didn’t realize that…. Obama does in fact talk a lot. Its actually a really good thing, because he clearly lays out the details of what he plans to do. Of course he throws in some riotous comments here and there. It’s a shame that the media chooses to focus solely on that. Luckily, the debates are coming. Johnny Mac had better show there is something going on upstairs or the polling trends might be turned upside down. He surely won’t be allowed to have Palin standing next to him in order to distract from reality…. Unless he negotiates that into the debate appearance…. after all, if McCain isn’t ready to speak to America, he just might choose not to show up lest he be unfairly criticized for his ill-preparedness.

-mkell

Posted by mkell | Report as abusive

There is a glimmer of hope.

In college, my friends called me cynical. They said that people were more decent than I gave them credit for. I claimed back then that I was not cynical, I was a realist. That I did not doubt fundamental decency, I just doubted education, objectivity, and rationality.

Over the years, I’ve not been proven wrong. This campaign, McCain’s fall from Honor, Hillary Supporters for McCain (or worse, for Palin) only reinforce the views I’ve had since college.

But for the first time since, well, ever, I sense a slight glimmer of hope. I’m noticing more and more folks recognizing the cynicism and calling it out for what it is. And not just from the Bill Maher’s, John Steward’s, and Al Franken’s of the world, but the Karl Rove’s, Scott McClellens’s, Lou Dobbs’s, even the Bill O’Reilly’s. More and more people are starting to say, enough of the lies and and spin; this is going too far.

I wrote more about this idea here:

McCain: Victory with Honor (or Not… Whatever Works)

McCain has ALREADY LOST – he has sold his SOUL and CHARACTER to the right wing. He has changed his stance on energy, immigration, taxes, economy and every thing else. In fact he is now hiding behind the skirts and sexy glamour of Palin. I feel sorry for a man that I once used to respect.

Posted by Chris Smith | Report as abusive