I can boogie better than McCain, brags Obama

October 22, 2008

boogie.jpgMIAMI – One thing Barack Obama does know — he can beat his Republican rival John McCain in a dancing contest.

In an appearance on the Ellen DeGeneres show via satellite from Miami, Obama stood before a crowd of cheering supporters and showed off his dance moves to James Brown’s big hit “Get Up Offa That Thing”.

After boogying to the music played from Ellen’s studio, Obama conceded that his wife Michelle is a better dancer.

“But I’m convinced I’m a better dancer than John McCain,” he said about his 72-year-old rival in the race for the White House.

Even though Obama appeared self confident as he shook his hips and moved to the beat, before the taping began he showed a bit of uncertainty.

“When I dance, don’t make fun of me,” he pleaded with the supporters crowded behind him as he stood to face the camera.

Click here for more Reuters 2008 campaign coverage.

Photo credit: Reuters/Jim Young  (Obama arrives at an event in Florida Oct. 21)

Yes, I saw Senator Obama dance on Ellen. I also saw Bill play the sax on the Tonight Show. I am still convinced that Bill is and always will be the first Black President.

Well, he is going to need a lot of ‘moves’ to pull this one off.

Yours

Michael Jackson

Posted by John Travolta for President | Report as abusive

I was there! He went across the street and we were kinda annoyed, but some people were saying, “HE’S DANCING! HE’S DANCING!” Best day of my life…

Posted by Gabi | Report as abusive

REALLY….BEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE??? These are the sad saps voting for this man-child. Get ready for another 4 years of Carter. I’m putting in my paperwork for welfare right now so I won’t have to wait in line when Obama finally breaks the working man and forces us to suck at the tit of government. Remember when pride would keep a working man from taking a hand out….Let it be known that in the fall if 2008, that fundamental american notion came to waste at the feet of our new government structure, a socialist platform that scared the McCarthyism era citizens to fear communist thoughts now takes center stage as our new system in the “free” world….This’ll work…

*buying a gun and 1000 rds of ammo a week till I’m legislated out of the freedom.

Posted by karlthomas | Report as abusive

boog·ie
noun, verb
1. Slang: Disparaging and Offensive. a black.
2. boogie-woogie.
3. a lively form of rock ‘n’ roll, based on the blues.
–verb (used without object)
4. to dance energetically, esp. to rock music.
5. Slang. (often fol. by on down) to go.

I read to see when Obama himself mentioned that he could “Boogie.” Unfortunately, it seems it was Deborah Charles’ words. Needless to say, it raised an eyebrow.

Posted by Mark | Report as abusive

Can anyone see this is a dig so close to Age discrimination it is sad? Also let’s see him Boogie after having spent years of his life locked in a little box by our enemies.

Posted by Again | Report as abusive

Age discrimination? What about the fact that Mccain is handicapped from war injuries and can’t even desire to dance much less try.

Posted by Malik | Report as abusive