Clinton open to coffee with Palin

November 16, 2009

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is open to having coffee with former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, whose new book about the 2008 presidential campaign is stirring controversy.

“I absolutely would look forward to having coffee,” Clinton said from Singapore  Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

Clinton told ABC’s “This Week” that she would look forward to having a chance to actually get to meet Palin.

Palin, the 2008 Republican vice presidential candidate, gives a nod to Clinton in her book, “Going Rogue: An American Life.” Clinton lost the race for the Democratic presidential nomination to Barack Obama.

Palin, a popular conservative firebrand who has been communicating mostly via Facebook since quitting as governor, opens a campaign-style book tour on Tuesday that will hit a dozen states.

Is she laying the groundwork for a 2012 presidential campaign, or simply selling her book, which currently sits atop the Amazon.com Top 100 Books list?

For the moment, all that she is saying (on Facebook early Sunday) is that she’s looking forward to the tour. “I’m most looking forward to meeting many of you, shaking your hands, and telling you, ‘Thanks for loving America,’” Palin says.

Obviously Palin is in it just for the bucks. If she was serious about politics she wouldn’t have quit as Alaska’s governor midterm.

Posted by Leslie | Report as abusive

Who cares!!!

Posted by TC | Report as abusive

How can anyone take this seriously? Its a total joke

Posted by James | Report as abusive

I was going to move out of the country if she had even become Vice President. I definitely would leave if she became President. She is not qualified in
any way. I don’t want a religious nut making hard decisions a President has to make
and I certainly don’t want her emotional finger on the “red button.”

Posted by M. Anderson | Report as abusive

M. Anderson –

Do you realize how stupid your comments are? Palin, who ran a State and a city is “not qualified in any way,” but 0bummer whom has never held ANY job of substance IS?

Is that the kind of “logic” that they teach in our pubic schools? If so, we’re doomed!

I would add that 0bummer’s lack of qualification is quite obvious!

Posted by DJ | Report as abusive

“I don’t want a religious nut making hard decisions”

Yeah. Me too. The IslamoMarxist that is currently residing in the White House really makes me angry!

“I would move if ..”

I hear that Hugo Chavez’s country is just lovely this time of year. It sounds, M. Anderson, that he is your kind of leader. Have a nice one-way trip and be sure to take a couple of illegals with you.

Posted by Mark | Report as abusive

[...] Palin should present her infallible logic to Hillary Clinton over carnivorous scones when the two meet for coffee. [...]