Tales from the Trail

Live Debt Crisis Coverage

By Anthony De Rosa
July 26, 2011

Comments
9 comments so far | RSS Comments RSS

Sounds like Blowhard Boehner’s full of hot air, as usual.

Posted by gurari | Report as abusive

@Stella.Dawson and @Ryan.McCarthy

Hi Stella and Ryan, thanks so much for running this blog. What is the worse case scenario regarding a ‘potential’ default as the news has so emphatically pointed out? Do the American people have anything to ‘fear’ ?

Posted by NickBright | Report as abusive

Everybody talks about full budget but nobody speaks on humanity’s future or how ordinary people have money problems. The rich are poor of sight in some issues sadly. And in my case I sadly mean to say is I could risk cancer because I don’t know what I’ve got because I am unemployed in this country for nearly a decade with no social security pay or private insurance as a result of which I may be dying. I want to tell you that all this has to end as some chores’ evasion shouldn’t require inappropriate life style or having a deadly or crippling disease. How about bashing the ones liable to stipulate all these?

Posted by ta-boo | Report as abusive

I would like to say that if there are any efforts to prosecute me for any comments I make in any medium, I am also a plaintiff in many cases against many adverse parties that want to prosecute me. As long as I have to stay in this mess in this status quo not getting any better, the messages will go on. For messages to end, which will be declared through this medium, I will see records of proof of at least first service as well as my birth rights issued to me. If I’ll have to stay here, I may consent living with actual owners of this property, but these will be met and I’ll need clearance that my health is not in further danger. The people here always trouble me in terms of money issues and I suspect they sicken my health. To attention of all it may concern.

Posted by ta-boo | Report as abusive

Over $10 Trillion in deficits are projected for the next 10 years and here’s the last 10:

2011 $1,500 Billion
2010 $1,300 Billion
2009 $1,400 Billion
2008 $240 Billion
2007 $161 Billion
2006 $248 Billion
2005 $319 Billion
2004 $412 Billion
2003 $374 Billion
2002 $159 Billion

What’s wrong with this picture?

Posted by DrJJJJ | Report as abusive

It is pretty clear that the administration has no interest whatsoever in stating whose interests will be impacted first in the event of default, and that makes sense. As soon as you notify that one group or another will get paid initially, you lose the pressure from the members of that cohort who are otherwise worried about losing out. Not telling them keeps the pressure on.

Posted by BowMtnSpirit | Report as abusive

Everyone should go to the CBO and look at the two plans.

They are basically the same excluding the cost of the wars.

Also, neither of them cut much if anything for the next 2 years, excluding the wars.

This is really a quite a hollow debate.

Posted by jeremycjohnson | Report as abusive

I looked at my 401(k) this morning, and almost put half of it in cash as a “safehaven.” But I’m not ready to pull the trigger…yet.

Posted by lyoungny | Report as abusive

Well, come August 3rd Boehner will have a tear jerk story to tell about how he couldnt sit around for another 8 years of spendimg when Bush 2 did so much to balance the budget build a fence around mexico, free the people of Iraq, Afghanistan. Pakistan, Iran, and the great state of denial.

Posted by mward1921 | Report as abusive