Some important tax and accounting dates in the week ahead
Monday, April 30
* The U.S. Internal Revenue Service hearing on limited partnerships and taxpayer participation, to start at 10 a.m. EDT in the IRS Auditorium.
* American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) three-day conference on investments, auditing and tax questions, compliance fundamentals, internal control, and healthcare reform, Atlanta. U.S. Assistant Secretary of Labor Phyllis Borzi will speak.
* AICPA two-day conference on tax strategies for high-income individuals, Belagio Hotel, Las Vegas.
Tuesday, May 1
* The D.C. Bar Taxation Section Real Estate Committee luncheon program, IRS officials Sam Kamyans and Rosty Stiller to speak.
Wednesday, May 2
* AICPA conference on tax controversy, and small business practitioners. Speakers include IRS Office of Professional Responsibility Director Karen Hawkins and Karen Sheely from the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service, Las Vegas.
Thursday, May 4
* The Hamilton Project of the Brookings Institution forum on the economic context for tax reform and the economic criteria that should be used when evaluating tax reform options, speakers to include former U.S. Treasury secretaries Robert Rubin and Lawrence Summers, among others, Washington Court Hotel, 9:30 a.m. EDT