Tax and accounting calendar
Wednesday, May 30
• Financial Accounting Standards Board meeting will cover feedback on a proposal regarding real estate investment properties, impairment of indefinite-lived intangible assets and the definition of a nonpublic entity. Norwalk, Connecticut.
Wednesday, May 30 – Friday, June 1
• Government Accounting Standards Board meeting. Norwalk, Connecticut.
Thursday, May 31
• International Conference on Global Capital Markets and Corporate Governance, focused on global standards. Public Company Accounting Oversight Board member Steven B. Harris will speak. Moscow.
• USC Leventhal School of Accounting SEC and Financial Reporting Institute Conference. Speakers include PCAOB Chairman Jim Doty, Chief Auditor Marty Baumann, and Claudius Modesti, Director of the Division of Enforcement and Investigations. Pasadena, California.
Thursday, May 31 – Friday, June 1
• Seminar on the federal income taxation of insurance companies and products, co-sponsored by the Federal Bar Association and the IRS Office of Chief Counsel. Speakers include IRS representatives, staff from the House Ways and Means Committee and the Senate Finance Committee and the U.S. Tax Court. Washington.
Friday, June 1
• Hearing on IRS-proposed regulations relating to the purchase of longevity annuity contracts under some tax-qualified plans. 1 p.m., IRS Auditorium. Washington.