Monday, June 4
• Jim Doty, chairman of the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board, gives the opening keynote address at Compliance Week 2012, a three-day conference on new accounting standards, reporting requirements from the Securities & Exchange Commission, and other topics. Washington.
• The Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, its Business and Industry Advisory Committee and the United States Council for International Business co-host a two-day conference on its new international taxation initiatives. Topics include transfer pricing and international tax cooperation, among others. Speakers include officials from the U.S. Treasury, the Internal Revenue Service, and private industry. Washington.
Tuesday, June 5
• The American Law Institute and American Bar Association webcast on the Supreme Court’s decision in United States v. Home Concrete, the scope of the Treasury Department’s power to issue tax regulations, and how the court must those regulations.
Wednesday, June 6
• IRS Advisory Committee on Tax-Exempt and Government Entities public meeting on employee plans examination, tax-exempt bonds, and other topics. IRS headquarters, Washington.
Thursday June 7
• The University of Virginia Tax Foundation two-day seminar on federal and Virginia taxes. IRS Chief Counsel William J. Wilkins speaks on Friday morning. Charlottesville, Virginia.
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants conference on fair value measurement and reporting. PCAOB board member Jay Hanson is a speaker. National Harbor, Maryland.