Some important tax and accounting dates in the week ahead:
Monday, June 11
• Senate Finance Committee Chair Max Baucus gives the keynote speech at the Bipartisan Policy Center seminar on tax reform. 10 a.m. at the Bipartisan Policy Center. Washington.
• The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants two-day conference on international tax developments, transfer pricing for lending and leasing, doing business in India and the European Union, and other international business topics. Washington.
Tuesday, June 12
• Senate Finance Committee hearing on energy and tax reform. 10 a.m. at the Dirksen Senate Office Building. Washington.
• International tax officials from the Internal Revenue Service’s Chief Counsel’s office and the Treasury Department’s Office of Tax Policy speak and take questions on international tax developments at a D.C. Bar luncheon program. Noon to 2 p.m. at the D.C. Bar Conference Center. Washington.
• Officials from the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board speak at the Center for Professional Education’s SEC conference on accounting and reporting by public companies. Tyson’s Corner, Virginia.
Tuesday, June 12 – Thursday, June 14
• Joint meeting of the Financial Accounting Standards Board and the International Accounting Standards Board. London.
Friday, June 15
• Tax Analysts roundtable discussion on taxes and the rich. 9 a.m. at the National Press Club. Washington.
• Internal Revenue Service Chief Counsel William J. Wilkins speaks at New York University’s forum on federal tax audits, appeals, litigation and tax penalties. New York.