Monday, July 9
• U.S. Internal Revenue Service hearing on proposed regulations for government retirement plans. 10 a.m. EDT, IRS auditorium. Washington.
Monday, July 9 – Thursday, July 12
• Steven Miller, IRS deputy commissioner of services and enforcement, is among the speakers at the National Association of Tax Professionals conference. Baltimore.
Tuesday, July 10
• U.S. House Ways and Means Committee hearing on the implication of the Supreme Court ruling on the individual mandate and Congress’s authority to lay and collect new taxes. 10:30 a.m. EDT Longworth House Office Building. Washington.
• U.S. Senate Finance Committee hearing on tax reform. 2 p.m. EDT, Dirksen Senate Office Building. Washington.
• Beverly Katz, special counsel to the IRS Office of Associate Chief Counsel, speaks at the D.C. Bar Taxation Section Pass-Throughs and Real Estate Committee luncheon program. 12 noon EDT. Washington.
Tuesday, July 10 – Thursday, July 12
• IRS tax forum on a wide variety of tax topics. Atlanta.
Thursday, July 12
• American Bar Association Joint Committee on Employee Benefits teleconference on the Supreme Court’s decision on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, and the impact on other laws and challenges to healthcare legislation.