* IRS hearing on proposed regulations that implement fees associated with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act on some insurance policies and self-insured health plans. 10 a.m. EDT, IRS Auditorium. Washington.
* U.S. Internal Revenue Service workshops on tax topics. Las Vegas.
* National Association for Business Economics seminar on transfer pricing, the differences between international accounting standards and U.S. generally accepted accounting principles, and more. Speakers will include Joe Andrus, head of the transfer pricing unit at the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, and Michael McDonald of the U.S. Treasury Department. Arlington, Virginia.
Wednesday, August 1
* Senate Finance Committee hearing on tax reform and the taxation of business entities. 10:30 a.m. EDT, Dirksen Senate Office Building. Washington.
Sunday, August 4 – Tuesday, August 7
* National Association of Enrolled Agents conference. IRS director of professional responsibility Karen L. Hawkins will be one of the speakers. Las Vegas.