* Panel discussion of the fiscal cliff debate and what is likely to happen on taxes in 2013. 12 noon – 1:30 p.m. ET, Urban Institute. Washington.
* The American Petroleum Institute president Jack Gerard will give a speech on policy recommendations for the new Congress and administration. 12:15 p.m. ET, Andrew Mellon Auditorium. Washington.
Wednesday, Jan. 9
* State and local tax year end review. 12 noon – 2 p.m. ET, D.C. Bar Conference Center. Washington.
Thursday, Jan. 10
* Speakers from the U.S. Public Company Accounting Oversight Board, the International Accounting Standards Board, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and U.S. Financial Accounting Standards Board address New York Society of Security Analysts’ International Financial Reporting Conference. 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET, NYSSA Conference Center. New York City.
* SEC Office of the Whistleblower chief Sean McKessy joins D.C. Bar panel on the whistleblower initiative. K&L Gates, Washington. 12:30 p.m. – 2 p.m. ET.