Monday, Jan. 14 – Friday, Jan. 18
* University of Miami School of Law Heckerling Institute on Estate Planning. Orlando, Florida.
Tuesday, Jan. 15
* Officials from the U.S. Treasury Department speak at the D.C. Bar Association International Tax Series. D.C. Bar Conference Center. Washington.
Wednesday, Jan. 16
* Lawyers from the Internal Revenue Service and the U.S. Justice Department are among the speakers at the American Bar Association panel on opting out of the IRS Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Initiative, and other issues. 1 – 3 p.m. ET. Webcast.
* Lawyers from the offices of the New York County District Attorney and the US Attorney for the Southern District of New York are among the panelists at the New York City Bar meeting on the hot tax issues of 2013. New York.
* Practicing Law Institute seminar on the taxation of financial products and transactions. New York.
Wednesday, Jan. 16 – Thursday, Jan. 17
* Council on State Taxation workshop on property tax trends for companies in 2013. Las Vegas.
Friday, Jan. 18
* Public Company Accounting Oversight Board member Jeanette Franzel addresses the American Accounting Association midyear conference. New Orleans.