Sunday, March 3 – Wednesday, March 6
* National Association of State Boards of Accountancy annual conferences. Tucson, Arizona.
Monday, March 4
* Tax Policy Center program on tax reform and the revenue challenges states face, including federal sequestration. Noon – 1:30 p.m. ET, 2100 M Street NW. Washington, D.C.
Tuesday, March 5
* U.S. Senate Budget Committee hearing on reducing the deficit by eliminating individual and corporate tax breaks. 10:30 a.m. ET, 608 Dirksen Senate Office Building. Washington.
* U.S. House of Representatives Ways and Means Oversight Subcommittee hearing on tax provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010. 11 a.m. ET, 1100 Longworth House Office Building. Washington.
* U.S. Justice Department officials Nanette Davis, assistant chief of the northern criminal enforcement section, and Ronald Cimino, deputy assistant attorney general, address an American Bar Association webinar on notable criminal tax fraud cases, and Tax Division authority and procedure. Noon – 1:30 p.m. ET.
* ABA gift tax teleconference on generation-skipping transfer tax allocations and other issues. 1 – 2:30 p.m. ET.
Tuesday, March 5 – Friday, March 8
Multistate Tax Commission winter committee meeting. St. Louis, Missouri.
Wednesday, March 6
* Financial Accounting Standards Board meeting on insurance contracts. 9 a.m. ET. Norwalk, Connecticut.
* Governmental Accounting Standards Board Chairman Robert Attmore addresses the National Association of State Auditors, Comptrollers and Treasurers webinar on pension accounting. 2 -3:50 p.m. ET.
Thursday, March 7
Kathryn Vouri, Clerk to the U.S. Tax Court, speaks to a D.C. Bar program on tax court practice and procedure. 12 – 1:30 p.m. ET, 1101 K Street, NW. Washington.