Monday, March 25 – Tuesday, March 26
* American Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ workshop on fair value measurement of assets. New York.
Wednesday, March 27
* Oral arguments in United States v. Windsor on the constitutionality of the Defense of Marriage Act under the equal protection clause of the Fifth Amendment. 10 a.m. ET, U.S. Supreme Court. Washington.
* John Sweeney, an IRS chief counsel, speaks to the American Bar Association webinar and teleconference on FATCA and intergovernmental agreements. 1 – 2:30 p.m. ET.
Thursday, March 28
* Practising Law Institute seminar “Nuts and bolts of state and local taxes 2013.” 9 a.m. ET. New York and webcast.
* Financial Accounting Standards Board meeting discussing feedback on the proposed accounting standard for financial instrument credit losses. 3:15 p.m. ET. Norwalk, Connecticut.
Thursday, March 28 – Friday, March 29
* Hearing on proposed amendments to the Multistate Tax Compact, including changes to the apportionment formula at the heart of the California Gillette Co. v. Franchise Tax Board case. 1 p.m. ET – 5 p.m. ET, 444 North Capitol Street, N.W., Washington, D.C., and by teleconference.
Friday, March 29
* American Tax Policy Institute and the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center conference on business taxation and the potential effects of a change in the corporate tax rate. 9 – 11 a.m. ET, Urban Institute. Washington.