Some important events in the week ahead:
Monday, April 15
* 2012 U.S. income tax returns must be post-marked before midnight.
* Urban Institute forum on government-nonprofit relationships and the charitable giving tax deduction. 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. ET, Urban Institute, Washington, D.C.
Tuesday, April 16
* Internal Revenue Service Acting Commissioner Steven Miller and National Taxpayer Advocate Nina Olson testify at Senate Finance Committee hearing on tax fraud and identity theft. 10 a.m. ET, Dirksen Senate Office Building, Washington.
* U.S. Treasury Secretary Jack Lew testifies on President Barack Obama’s new revenue and economic policy proposal, first to the House Budget Committee at 10 a.m., Cannon House Office Building, then to the Senate Budget Committee at 3 p.m. Dirksen Senate Office Building, Washington.
Wednesday, April 17
* International Tax Institute seminar on changes in tax planning for cross-border derivatives with Mark Erwin, of the IRS Office of Associate Chief Counsel for International affairs. 12:15 p.m. – 2 p.m. ET, Grand Hyatt, New York City.
Thursday, April 18
* Treasury International Tax Counsel Danielle Rolfes delivers the keynote speech to the New York University/KPMG annual tax lecture on overriding tax treaties. 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. ET, Vanderbilt Hall, NYU, New York City.
* James Doty, chairman of the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board, delivers lecture at the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS), London.