Some important tax and accounting events in the week ahead:
Monday, April 29 – Friday, May 3
* Tax Executives Institute federal taxation course. East Lansing, Michigan.
Tuesday, April 30
* D.C. Bar Association session on the taxation of financial derivatives. 12 noon – 1:30 p.m., D.C. Bar Conference Center. Washington.
Tuesday, April 30 – Thursday, May 2
* Experts from the Internal Revenue Service, the Treasury Department and private industry address the Practicing Law Institute conference on tax planning for domestic and foreign partnerships. Chicago, New York, San Francisco and by webcast.
Wednesday, May 1
* Financial Accounting Standards Board meeting on EITF accounting issues. 8:30 a.m., FASB offices. Norwalk, Connecticut.
* Public meeting of the IRS oversight board. 1 p.m., IRS. Washington.
Thursday, May 2
* Financial Accounting Standards Board chief Leslie Seidman, Securities and Exchange Commission chief accountant Paul Beswick and division of enforcement chief accountant Howard Scheck, among others, address Baruch College’s annual financial reporting conference. Baruch College. New York.
Thursday, May 2 – Friday, May 3
* IRS experts speak to the Chicago-Kent College of Law Federal Tax Institute. Chicago.
* University of North Carolina law school conference on federal income tax developments, state taxation and other topics. Chapel Hill, North Carolina.