Some important tax and accounting dates in the week ahead:
Tuesday, June 19
• U.S. Public Company Accounting Oversight Board member Lew Ferguson delivers the keynote speech at a Securities and Exchange Commission conference for U.S.-listed companies in China. Shanghai.
• Senate Finance Committee hearing on “Confronting the Looming Fiscal Crisis.” 10 a.m. at the Dirksen Senate Office Building. Washington.
• Michael Danilack, deputy commissioner (international), Internal Revenue Service Large Business and International Division, gives the opening luncheon speech to the Institute of International Bankers two-day program on tax issues affecting international banking and financial institutions operating in the United States. New York.
Tuesday, June 19 – Thursday, June 21
• IRS executives and others discuss tax topics at an IRS forum. Orlando, Florida.
Wednesday, June 20
• Treasury Assistant Secretary for Tax Policy Emily McMahon speaks to the D.C. Bar Association on the Office of Tax Policy’s initiatives and possibilities for the future. Washington.
Thursday, June 21
• IRS and Tax Policy Center research conference on topics including measuring the tax gap, tax compliance and the tax implications of business complexity. 9 a.m., Urban Institute. Washington.
Thursday, June 21 – Friday, June 22
• Officials from the Financial Accounting Standards Board, Government Accountability Office, and IRS officials will speak at the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ conference on the not-for-profit sector. Washington.